Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge 8500 winch clutch problem - no help from RR customer service...

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge 8500 winch clutch problem - no help from RR customer service...

All,

I have a 3 month old RR 8500 winch. Used it 3 times then the clutch got locked in the OUT position and I cannot move it for the life of me. This seems like a fairly common problem with this winch. I've tried PMing the RR rep on here to no avail and I've tried to reach an actual person at their customer service number. I used to love Rugged Ridge and much on my JKU bears their name, but I'm getting really frustrated at this point.

I've tried many of the tips I've read on here including manually pulling out some cable, smacking it with a rubber mallet, etc. Clutch is stuck, stuck, stuck.

Any suggestions on help or a better way to reach someone at RR!?

Many thanks.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like another thread today about them, no returning of calls/emails etc.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/anyt...vendor-249843/

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge 8500 winch clutch problem - no help from RR customer service...