Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Did you have to ream your knuckles?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Ruffstuff Offset Tie Rod Kit

Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ruffstuff Offset Tie Rod Kit

Looking at the Ruffstuff offset tie rod and it says you may need to ream out your knuckles. I have heard of some people saying they didn't need to ream them out and I've also heard of people saying they had to ream them out. So for those who have it, did you or did you not have to ream out your knuckles?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no reaming....fit perfect.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but they need reamed to fit the new size joint. I'm gonna butcher the terminology but I believe they are the same taper, but the ruff stuff is a larger diameter. So it will fit, just not all the way. Some jeeps may have different size? I have that tie rod and drilled to 7/8 and used a tapered sleeve.

Last edited by Cuv; 03-17-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuv
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but they need reamed to fit the new size joint. I'm gonna butcher the terminology but I believe they are the same taper, but the ruff stuff is a larger diameter. So it will fit, just not all the way. Some jeeps may have different size? I have that tie rod and drilled to I 7/8 and used a tapered sleeve.
the pin is longer so there is really no need to get it fully inserted. As long as you are able to get the cotter pin in, you will be fine.

Quick Reply: Ruffstuff Offset Tie Rod Kit