Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ruby E-Discos

Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P Nasty
Ok so here is the final question i pose now...

When i buy the Switch
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_110.htm
And then i buy the harness
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_111.htm
And then i get it flashed...

Because the harness will not be hooked to any lockers and there will be a oem switch not connected to anything (locker switch) even though it will be flashed for the E disco...wont it still be throwing a code? I just thought about that since theres gonna be locker clips not connected to anything...

maybe it wont have a problem but it just seems like it would...what do you think? is it gonna be a problem even after i drop 150+ bux in getting all the switches and wires and getting it flashed?
4wd sells the swaybar harness only... it might save you some cash and alot of extra wiring from cluttering things up

I have the switch with lockers and it doesnt do anything.

But I'll have the swarbay section this week if you want it...
Old 07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
4wd sells the swaybar harness only... it might save you some cash and alot of extra wiring from cluttering things up

I have the switch with lockers and it doesnt do anything.

But I'll have the swarbay section this week if you want it...
Well im buying a E-disco from a fellow member the only problem is it dosent have any of the harness or anything so i have been trying to research and find out how hard it will be to get set up and running properly. Im gonna be spending between 400 and 500 on the disco itself and then i gotta get the switch/harness/and flash so its gonna be kinda costly... but i just wanted to make sure before i go through and spend all this money for a sway bar lol that i make sure its gonna work well and not create more problems than i expected. I would just think having those extra cables would make things complicated since i dont have lockers yet... but im gonna go check 4wd.com and see if i can find just the switch and harness for the e-disco and see how much cheaper that will be etc.

But if you would send me a link when your done with that write up and i would be extremely thankful, im sure it would help me tremendously.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased an ARB locker switch, but same difference.

DId you buy the mopar harmess for the pigtails or did you cut the plugs off?

what did you do with the locker sensor wiring?
Yes I bought the harness. It was really weird, the 4 door harness was about $78 and the 2 door harness was over $100. The plugs made everything much easier. For the time I was going to have to spend figuring it out, it was worth the cash to me. I didn't want to cut the plugs as the one goes straight into the differential and I didn't think I could secure it without the OEM plug.

I connected the sensor to that blinking LED and mounted that right above the switch (CoolTech LLC switchmount.) Did you hookup yours to the ARB switch, as I remember terminal numbers 2 and 3 on the back of it?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by seer1
I connected the sensor to that blinking LED and mounted that right above the switch (CoolTech LLC switchmount.) Did you hookup yours to the ARB switch, as I remember terminal numbers 2 and 3 on the back of it?
do you have a pic of what your switches look like in the dash? Im obsessive compulsive, but not really bad, so i am really hating that i can wire my lockers in to the oem switch like i thought i could...its gonna drive me nuts...could link a pic of yours so i can see what it will look like if i wire in another switch thats not oem for the lockers, in the future.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

do you have a pic of what your switches look like in the dash? Im obsessive compulsive, but not really bad, so i am really hating that i can wire my lockers in to the oem switch like i thought i could...its gonna drive me nuts...could link a pic of yours so i can see what it will look like if i wire in another switch thats not oem for the lockers, in the future.
I'll try tomorrow. I've been having some issues with posting pictures into the MyProject section and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or there's something going on with the site.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

I'll try tomorrow. I've been having some issues with posting pictures into the MyProject section and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or there's something going on with the site.
ok that sounds good. Ive been trolling through some random posts i have found with the word "switch" as my search and found a few pics but they are all the same daystar switches i cant seem to find anything except those...

Do you think it would be possible to just cut out the back of one of my empty switches on my OE switch box and put in a after market switch for the lockers but in the stock place? I mean since there no switch there at all as of now?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

ok that sounds good. Ive been trolling through some random posts i have found with the word "switch" as my search and found a few pics but they are all the same daystar switches i cant seem to find anything except those...

Do you think it would be possible to just cut out the back of one of my empty switches on my OE switch box and put in a after market switch for the lockers but in the stock place? I mean since there no switch there at all as of now?
You can't do anything with teh stock switch box, its actually a circuit board under the fake buttons
Old 07-12-2008, 12:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Yes I bought the harness. It was really weird, the 4 door harness was about $78 and the 2 door harness was over $100. The plugs made everything much easier. For the time I was going to have to spend figuring it out, it was worth the cash to me. I didn't want to cut the plugs as the one goes straight into the differential and I didn't think I could secure it without the OEM plug.

I havent hooked it up yet, I really have no clue about wiring, I have the wiring diagram for the ARB switch, So I'll check and see if thats where it needs to be..
Old 07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased an ARB locker switch, but same difference.

DId you buy the mopar harmess for the pigtails or did you cut the plugs off?

what did you do with the locker sensor wiring?
I'm not sure that question was meant for me, but if so: Yes, I bought the complete Mopar harness, mostly to get the pigtails and all... but I truly thought it would be more or less plug-and-play, so I got a bit disappointed when trying the lockers for the first time...

Well, all new wiring is done, I made a new harness all the way from the junction to the cab, just await the Carling switches now... I also routed wiring for the sensors and will have separate diods on the dashboard to tell when locked/unlocked!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

I havent hooked it up yet, I really have no clue about wiring, I have the wiring diagram for the ARB switch, So I'll check and see if thats where it needs to be..
Wiring really makes my head hurt too. Those ARB switches have two lights in them. One is supposed to be hooked into the headlights so you can see it at night and the other lights when its actuated. I'd just use the first one which I still think is #2 and #3 terminals. Run a wire from the battery, connect it to an inline fuse. I found a waterproof one at Autozone and give it a 5a fuse. Connect the wire coming from the other side of the fuse to one of the terminals on the switch (#2 or #3? doesn't matter.) Run a wire from the other terminal on the switch to one of the two wires on the sensor. It didn't seem to matter which wire on that either. Then run a wire from the other sensor terminal to a ground. That should complete your circuit and only come on when everything is working right.
PNasty, here's what mine looks like. I took them on the way to the store this morning. Pardon the dust and trash, I'm getting ready for a ride through Engineer and Cinnamon Pass tomorrow.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
From left to right the switches control the ARB compressor, front bumper KC 8"ers, windshield KC 6"ers, rear backup KC rectangulars and the front locker. You can see the small green LED right above the switch there.

Quick Reply: Ruby E-Discos