Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon wheels and tires on stock jeep sport

Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon wheels and tires on stock jeep sport

I bought a stock 2012, 2 dr, manual, 3.21 JK. I want to start having fun with it but no chance am I doing that with these 16" steelies and these tires with what I assume have no sidewall.

So my questions: if I buy these 17" moabs with mud terrains (fresh off a brand new rubi, he's on the forum but selling elsewhere) what else will I need to do? I'm thinking I may need to re-gear but I'm not sure, also I'm wondering if I need more aggressive suspension.

I'm not great under a car, but can follow instructions well so if I'm asking the wrong questions or leaving something out please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are changing from stock 225/75/16's to Rubi wheels and tires, the only problem will be you speedometer being about 5-10% off. You can take it to the dealer and have them flash the computer for the tire size or buy an AEV Procal to adjust tire size. You won't need to regear, especially with the 6-speed, and nothing needs to be done to the suspension. Jeep has a couple "Special" edition Jeeps that they stick the Rubi wheels and tires on with no problem.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice both of y'all! Made me feel much better about this. I was already planning on getting the speedometer and odometer adjusted by the dealership. Just very happy I don't have to worry about warranty work on upgrading shocks and gear swaps.

Thanks again!

If anyone else has anything to add its very much so appreciated.

Quick Reply: Rubicon wheels and tires on stock jeep sport