Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon vs OME notrocharger shocks

Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon vs OME notrocharger shocks

Hey guys, I got a 2009 2dr XS 6sp with the upgraded wheel and tire package. Want a better ride both on and off road. Not planning on lifting anytime soon, but will be installing 275-70-17 Mastercraft Courser C/T tires next month. Curious for those in the know, should I upgrade to the cheaper Rubicon shock or go full boor to the OME nitrocharger shock for 0-2" lift? I may upgrade the coils to stiffer set in the future as well. Most of time is spent on road but would prefer a slighly more compliant, better controlled ride without going too stiff. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

I didn't like Rubicon shocks on the rear of my Sport. I thought they were a little harsh. I love my OME's for the reasons you're looking for...compliant and controlled.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tslewisz
I didn't like Rubicon shocks on the rear of my Sport. I thought they were a little harsh. I love my OME's for the reasons you're looking for...compliant and controlled.
Thanks for the info. Did you go with OME sport or the next model up? Do you have any lift? Should I be concerned with the added weight of the new tires causing any negative affects in the ride and handling? Sorry so many ?'s I just enjoy being thourough. Thanks again
Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Mine are just the Nitro Sports. Bought used on the forum. I don't think that tire upgrade is anything to worry about. I'm running 315's on ProComps with heavy OEM (not OME ) springs and the OME shocks handle that weight fine.

My profile has the specifics of the small mods I've done.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love the OME NitroCharger Sports! I have a JKU Rubi with a 2.5 lift Cooper STT 33's and the ride is excellent on and off road!! Perofrmed better than expected!!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Great guys thanks for the info. When the time comes, looks like OME nitro sports! Enjoy your Jeeps!

Quick Reply: Rubicon vs OME notrocharger shocks