Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Unlimited Springs and Shocks on 2 Dr

Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Unlimited Springs and Shocks on 2 Dr

I finally installed the Rubicon Unlimited Springs and Shocks on my 2 dr X. I am sure it depends on what springs you currently have (determined by what options you have) you definately get a lift from installing the Unlimited Springs on the 2 Dr. My rear came up 1.5 inches and the front 1 inch or so.

The ride is a bit stiffer. All in all it is an inexpensive improvement.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Ben
JK Freak

any adverse affects that you could tell?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ben
any adverse affects that you could tell?
Ben I thought you had already installed my unlimited rubi springs on your Jeep already?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

I installed the LWB Rubicon springs months ago. Big difference and no problems so far. When I put the fronts up beside my stock ones there was close to 2 inches height difference.

I didnt put in the shocks though I got the shocks with my RC 2.5 lift.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Ben I thought you had already installed my unlimited rubi springs on your Jeep already?
Got the rear ones on and then heard some nay-saying from the parts dept., but I trust what I hear on this forum more often than what I hear at the dealership.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ben
Got the rear ones on and then heard some nay-saying from the parts dept., but I trust what I hear on this forum more often than what I hear at the dealership.
Yeah dealerships dont specialize; but, we here at JK-forum DO! They will work just fine. Take pics.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

I have to do it.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Ben
JK Freak

pictures will be coming as soon as I get the front springs in. It has been raining non-stop here this week, which will be good for this weekend at shiloh ridge, but bad for motivating me to do another spring swap in the driveway...

As measured by my yard stick, the rear of the vehicle now sits a little under an inch taller than stock, which is great for the price that I got these springs for, (thanks juliet kilo!) Especially since the original plan was just to use these to compensate for the extra weight of the metal bumpers and a winch to come, but now I have been bit by the bb bug and plan on doing the teraflex kit in conjunction with these unlimited springs.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Don't rush the measurements...until the front and rear are in, you can't really see what the final altitude difference is....as the high side transfers more weight to the low side, which then means LESS weight on the high side, etc...so, until BOTH are in, its just rarely where the one end would be alone, etc.

(Give him some time)

Rule of thumb...if the coils were meant to support an additional 300 lb for example, just put a scale on a jack, and crank it up until the jack is pushing up with 300 lb of force...and, at that point, you'd be roughly where the coil would put you, as they were meant to support another 300 lb, etc.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Wow, I have totally hi jacked this thread, but thanks for all the input! I learn so much on this forum, Teej, that last post was super insightful!

Quick Reply: Rubicon Unlimited Springs and Shocks on 2 Dr