Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon trail ready??

Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon trail ready??

Ok, I have read a lot about trail and have seen some recomendations about suitable rides. I asked about lockers earlier gor this reason. I have 2007 unlimited X 35" Geo Lander MT 4.88 gears & rock sliders, after market bumpers & I do have the tru loc in rear. I am from Indiana and trying to make trek to Rubicon trail in June. This question is for members who have been. What are must haves for this trip. Do I need lockers .... skid plates???
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Did you watch the video on project jk about the changes. It might be on wayoflife also
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greenrescue
Ok, I have read a lot about trail and have seen some recomendations about suitable rides. I asked about lockers earlier gor this reason. I have 2007 unlimited X 35" Geo Lander MT 4.88 gears & rock sliders, after market bumpers & I do have the tru loc in rear. I am from Indiana and trying to make trek to Rubicon trail in June. This question is for members who have been. What are must haves for this trip. Do I need lockers .... skid plates???
As long as it's dry, you'll be OK. They are 2 kinda rock faces on 90degree turns with a dropoff going up Cadillac Hill east bound that could be dicey without lockers if it's wet. My friends JK 2 door doesn't have lockers, just what you have, and he's able to go easily where I needed to use my old TJs lockers on, so you might be totally good to go as is, even when wet. I ran it in 2011 in my TJ and used my lockers in the dry on those 2 obstacles due to my short WB causing more movement on the rock than I was comfortable with as I was by myself.

Quick Reply: Rubicon trail ready??