Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon TJ springs in X JK ???

Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubicon TJ springs in X JK ???

I just put on a XRC8 winch and Olympic Stubby and like many others I have increased the rake... I have been trying to decide which route to go to eliminate this. I came across a free pair of TJ rubicon springs, part 130 AA, and was wondering will the stiffer spring add lift/eliminate rake? I'm currently running the TF 2.5 bb. From what I've already researched these are very stiff will help with the added weight. Anywise, the JK is my first Jeep and I'm not familiar with the TJ, so maybe some of you long time Jeepers could help. Also there was rake before i added the winch/bumper which I would like to eliminate too so maybe this isn't the way to go. Any thoughts?

Last edited by MMO blk JK; 02-23-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i picked up a set of rubi shocks and coils off a unlimited jk for 95 bucks shipped. I'd go with jk parts. Use the search function and find the thread that explains how the stock springs work.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

Try them out, I've known people to use TJ front springs in the JK, it worked

There free so why not try it out
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

yeah man i just added a bumper and winch and im afraid mine will sag too..................can anyone recomend a nice stiff set of springs to prop this up??

I have the 3.0 inch fabtech spacer lift that doesnt come with springs so mine are stock X springs. Also what size should i get and should i just replace the front?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know they will fit, I'm just wondering if its worth it before I go through the trouble of replacing the springs or if I should just invest in replacing the 2.5" spacer with some 2.5'' coils which I think will eliminate the rake.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

I know that I did the TJ springs for a while with a BB, and it worked out perfectly since I had a bumper and winch. The TJ springs are firmer than the stock JK springs, and they will give about 1" back after adding a bumper and winch.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

can you buy these from mopar? or is there other aftermarkets that do this better?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I know that I did the TJ springs for a while with a BB, and it worked out perfectly since I had a bumper and winch. The TJ springs are firmer than the stock JK springs, and they will give about 1" back after adding a bumper and winch.
nice, 1'' just about makes it worth it. thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steven4est
can you buy these from mopar? or is there other aftermarkets that do this better?
If you're considering buying new coils; why don't you just completely replace the front spacers with coils? I can't imagine the Mopar coils being any cheaper then an aftermarket...
Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

I have the fabtech 3 inch budget lift that uses spacers for the 3 inch lift but no after market coils.................Im not sure what i should do? Ive added the bumper and winch which weighs the front down about an inch. Im assuming if i add newer and stiffer coils it will work? or if there is something better i should do let me know im a newb at this stuff thanks

Quick Reply: Rubicon TJ springs in X JK ???