Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon switches for sway bar, lockers, esp, and hazards

Old 06-14-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon switches for sway bar, lockers, esp, and hazards

This weekend we went to Hot Springs for some wheeling. I own a 2008 rubi unlimited with 4" superlift, bilsteins with 37's underneath. After we aired down and were ready to hit the trails I hit the switch to detach the sway bar and the dash light didn't come on. I hit the switch for the lockers and nothing again. So I tried my emergency lights - nothing, esp switch - nothing. I check all the fuses - looked fine. How could all fuses blow at once. I even bought a couple of new fuses just in case. Everything else is working just fine. Boy did I miss the lockers and sway bar disconnect. Looking for help - is there a main fuse for that panel? Something else? I hate to take it to the dealer and waste a lot of time.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sway disconnect

Did you double check that you were in 4Lo and shift in and out of 4Lo and 4Hi. That would be the first check.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kcob
This weekend we went to Hot Springs for some wheeling. I own a 2008 rubi unlimited with 4" superlift, bilsteins with 37's underneath. After we aired down and were ready to hit the trails I hit the switch to detach the sway bar and the dash light didn't come on. I hit the switch for the lockers and nothing again. So I tried my emergency lights - nothing, esp switch - nothing. I check all the fuses - looked fine. How could all fuses blow at once. I even bought a couple of new fuses just in case. Everything else is working just fine. Boy did I miss the lockers and sway bar disconnect. Looking for help - is there a main fuse for that panel? Something else? I hate to take it to the dealer and waste a lot of time.

Did you ever figure this out. I have had the same problem in my '11. I just got back from hot springs this weekend and I sure missed my disconnect too
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Ok guys I had the same issue. Just bought mine 09 rubi drove off the lot fine next day....nothing. Well I pulled the dash apart...super easy. In plugged the single harness in the back plugged it back it and boom works perfect. So why did this happen. I looked by my gas pedal where the wiring goes into the back of the dash. It seems it was "tugged" a bit by my lovely wife's foot. Have not had a problem since.

Sent from my I wait for it ...Phone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Rubicon switches for sway bar, lockers, esp, and hazards