Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon sticker opinions

Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon sticker opinions

I've already "debadged" my Jeep by removing the front "JEEP" emblem, and the side "Wrangler" and "Unlimited" decals. I want to black it out, but I don't really want to get rid of the Rubicon decals not becuase I have to show off, but it would be like removing "Renegade" from a CJ. I was thinking about adding "JEEP" and replacing the "Rubicon" with black lettering so it's there..... but it's not. Anybody have any input on that?

And yes.......it's very slow at work today.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

I think that would be cool black on black, you may never see it just on sunny days.

I have a Jeep green Rubi coming in any day now, rail car arrived just waitng for it be be delivered to my dealership.

I am having the white decals removed and replacing them with black RUBICON and Wrangler. I like it becasue it will blends better since all of my color scheme is black and Jeep green.

I say do it, $28.00 for a set of rubicon and $16.00 for the wrangler and then they charge me $75 to remove and install for a total of 119.00 + tax and if they mess it up it is on them.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wookie
I think that would be cool black on black, you may never see it just on sunny days.

I have a Jeep green Rubi coming in any day now, rail car arrived just waitng for it be be delivered to my dealership.

I am having the white decals removed and replacing them with black RUBICON and Wrangler. I like it becasue it will blends better since all of my color scheme is black and Jeep green.

I say do it, $28.00 for a set of rubicon and $16.00 for the wrangler and then they charge me $75 to remove and install for a total of 119.00 + tax and if they mess it up it is on them.
Thanks for the input. Congrats on your JK, you will love it.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

That is a sweet idea black on black. where could i get those from?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
I've already "debadged" my Jeep by removing the front "JEEP" emblem, and the side "Wrangler" and "Unlimited" decals. I want to black it out, but I don't really want to get rid of the Rubicon decals not becuase I have to show off, but it would be like removing "Renegade" from a CJ. I was thinking about adding "JEEP" and replacing the "Rubicon" with black lettering so it's there..... but it's not. Anybody have any input on that?

And yes.......it's very slow at work today.
I think it is a great idea. I bought the silver Project-JK stickers from WOL to put on my silver jeep, to do exactly what you just mentioned, make them semi incognito.

I havent had time to get them on there yet. When i have time, it is still raining or snowing, and sunny and warm when i dont. GRrrrr...
It'll get done, just not on the time schedule i want it done on.

Please post some pics when/if you do, i would love to see it.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRuby
That is a sweet idea black on black. where could i get those from?
I'm going to the dealer, where I work (well technically, I work at the Honda dealer, but we also Have C-D-J).

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Please post some pics when/if you do, i would love to see it.
Will do, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks a kind of Ghost decal would be cool.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-18-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe if you got it in a flat black instead of a glossy black, that might be able to set it off a little more. I think that would look pretty sweet. Just a thought.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi Master

Here is a pic of my black JK stickers on my black JK. They are almost invisible unless you are looking for them or the sun hits them just right.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
Maybe if you got it in a flat black instead of a glossy black, that might be able to set it off a little more. I think that would look pretty sweet. Just a thought.

X2, I would do that.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

You could get them made out of black reflective material sign shops have it . I use it at work .

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker opinions