Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon or Sport??

Old 08-15-2019, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just happen to have a sweet black 2011 6 speed sport 4door. Manual locks/windows already on 4" lift 37s. 104k miles. Let me get that LJ and a few bucks lol... but really
Old 08-16-2019, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dreams that have not yet existed
Old 08-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

You might luck out and get a Rubi TC as a swap for a person that wants to do the V8 conversion. I swapped mine straight over to my son for no cash difference but have a friend who got the same deal from another guy who did a 6.2 conversion. Son's Sport is better now with 3.73 gears and 4:1 TC. Doesn't have to take a run at things as much, can crawl better.
Robbie @ Motech in Vegas has quite a few Rubi TC's but not sure how much he needs for them though.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say get the Sport, add one of the G2 dual-rate sway bars if you need that sorta action, and add the T-case of your choosing with the money saved on the Sport instead of the Rubi! But I'd only put it up on a 2" kit--even on 'tons.

Quick Reply: Rubicon or Sport??