Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon and Quick Disconnects

Old 06-22-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Final Answer

Well, got back from Moab last night... while I was out there I learned the hard way that the rear links moved to the front are too short with the 4" lift. The passenger side flipped the wrong way on the trail and bent almost in half and chewed on the drag link for a while until I figured out something was wrong.

One of the guys with us has the FT 4" LA on his Jeep and they did install the links on his. It was easy to see that they were close the right length that should be on the Jeep.

I had my wife ship the links that came with the lift to me overnight and I installed them after coming off the trail the next day. I was not the only one with the 4" short arm and the other guy didn't have a problem, but by the nature of the problem it is not going to happen every time. I don't know what I did that flipped it around, there were some sand trails that we were running through pretty fast and there was a spot that extended the front wheels all the way out. My friend was moving the Jeep for me when I noticed it so it could have been anything.

Just thought that I would let everyone know...
Old 06-22-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the trail last week and a guy with the same set up--3-4 inch lift(not sure which) and rear sway links on the front of his Rubi. He tore up the links pretty good. Bent one side and tore the other side right off of the ball joint from his factory disconnect. Bent the mount on his axle too.

Quick Reply: Rubicon and Quick Disconnects