Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Lockers

Old 09-19-2021, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,650 Posts

For one of those to end up inside the diff where it could get chewed up by gears is installer negligence IMO.
The following users liked this post:
IBEWJK (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other half of one is lodged inside my locker!
Old 09-20-2021, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by IBEWJK
The other half of one is lodged inside my locker!
Can you explain where it is lodged in the locker? In the spider gears? In the dog clutch? You might take a moment and familiarize yourself with the locker in this thread where ronjenx does an excellent disection of one -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-263666/

It kinda seems like this is a buddy's shop you're dealing with unless I'm misreading that. Often times a sticky situation. I really fail to see how this guide which sits outboard of the inner axle seals, gets inside the pumpkin and into the locker. It would have to pass through the axle seal to do that, or it would have had to be pushed or dropped into the diff while the carrier was out and just not noticed which I'm not sure how that would be possible. It's a very odd situation. What I would not do right this moment is throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet until all options/efforts to retrieve the debris from the locker are exhausted.

Last edited by resharp001; 09-20-2021 at 08:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
IBEWJK (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Can you explain where it is lodged in the locker? In the spider gears? In the dog clutch? You might take a moment and familiarize yourself with the locker in this thread where ronjenx does an excellent disection of one -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-263666/

It kinda seems like this is a buddy's shop you're dealing with unless I'm misreading that. Often times a sticky situation. I really fail to see how this guide which sits outboard of the inner axle seals, gets inside the pumpkin and into the locker. It would have to pass through the axle seal to do that, or it would have had to be pushed or dropped into the diff while the carrier was out and just not noticed which I'm not sure how that would be possible. It's a very odd situation. What I would not do right this moment is throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet until all options/efforts to retrieve the debris from the locker are exhausted.
Correct and Correct. Inside spider gears and my buddies shop. He is supposed to be disassembling gears and locker today to retrieve other half of rubber "axle guide". Hopefully the locker is still good. I don't want to have to fight with him over replacement!

Quick Reply: Rubicon Lockers