Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Express Radius Long Arm Kit

Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, if you decide on this, the lift was designed for up to 37x12.50 wth 4.5" backspace on the rim. i am running 37x13.50 so i do get a small amount of rubbing when i flex out.

the reason you want to watch your tire size and backspacing is the rear arm is mounted to the OUTSIDE of your frame, the bolt that connects the arm sections does not sit very far from the tire. i might have 1" clearance from bolt head to tire but no rubbing while driving, only flexed out. with 12.50 wide u should be fine

i would recommend calling RE to find out if driveshaft replacement will be necessary for front, rear or both since you are not looking to run their full kit, i just dont know. on my 4.5" la, front was required and rear was strongly recommended

the pricing i listed was for the 4.5" long arm, i think prices might be slightly cheaper for lower size, short arm, and super flex. you also might want to consider buying their springs, i see you currently have a 3" lift, their arms are designed for 2.5", 3.5", and 4.5". if your current springs have sagged at all, you may not get the full benefit of the arms, plus RE springs are very stout and sturdy. $174.95 frnt, same rear : $350 for springs

hope this helps you out

Last edited by captjay; 08-20-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express Radius Long Arm Kit