Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondsman
I was going to go with the Teraflex but after reading so much on this forum, I confused the rear trackbar attachment point failure problem with TF instead of SkyJacker..... I looked into the FT and it was a toss up between FT and RE. I went with the RE because of their reputation.... I guess I just jumped the gun on this one. I just hope that I don't run into the broken rear shock problem.
I did hear of some ppl running the FT adjustable rear trackbar with no problems. I guess that will be the route to go if there are any problems with the right rear shock contacting the bracket...
When I first started reading this .. I flilpped. I just dropped over 4,000 into the 4.5 LAK by RE. Its ordered. I just called my mech. and he said thats why he reccomened the adjustable rear trackbar and is doing that for me .. yay ... so hopefully my green machine has no issues .. too big! :( knocking on wood!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Okay guys, before this thread gets stupid, let me just say for the record that I have been in contact with RE since early this morning and I can tell you that they are aware of this thread and aware of the few few instances where these shocks have been breaking. They have been looking into this problem extensively but have not been able to replicate as of yet. As to why they have not responded on this thread goes, like many companies, it is simply the policy of RE to not get involved on forums. However, I have been informed that they will be providing me with an official statement that I will be posting later on this afternoon. Until that time, I would be grateful if you would please give them some time and a chance to address this matter. Thank you.
But how long have they been aware of the issue? You want people to wait for the official response and chill, but I think RE should have started this thread themselves. At that time, they could have simply stated that they are aware of an issue and are working on a solution instead of addressing it when people start complaining. Make sense? What this looks like is that RE is being reactive instead of proactive and that usually revolves around financial concerns, not customer/safety concerns.

Last edited by rramsdell; 11-29-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rramsdell
But how long have they been aware of the issue?
From what I understand, they have only recently been made aware of the issue as being a problem for more than one person.

You want people to wait for the official response and chill, but I think RE should have started this thread themselves. At that time, they could have simply stated that they are aware of an issue and are working on a solution instead of addressing it when people start complaining. Make sense? What this looks like is that RE is being reactive instead of proactive and that usually revolves around financial concerns, not customer/safety concerns.
And you are free to think that but I can tell you that this is not as much of a wide spread problem as you trying to make this out to be. Certainly, there have been hundreds of these kits that have been sold, installed and run without any problems. And, I should add that there are a lot of different factors that need to be taken into consideration such possible installation error. In spite of what you seem to believe, this really isn't as cut and dry as you might think. For now and from what I understand, RE has been trying to address the few problems they have been seeing directly with the individuals in question and yes, until these few problems are addressed and more is known about what's going on, I am asking you (nicely) to chill.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
From what I understand, they have only recently been made aware of the issue as being a problem for more than one person.

And you are free to think that but I can tell you that this is not as much of a wide spread problem as you trying to make this out to be. Certainly, there have been hundreds of these kits that have been sold, installed and run without any problems. And, I should add that there are a lot of different factors that need to be taken into consideration such possible installation error. In spite of what you seem to believe, this really isn't as cut and dry as you might think. For now and from what I understand, RE has been trying to address the few problems they have been seeing directly with the individuals in question and yes, until these few problems are addressed and more is known about what's going on, I am asking you (nicely) to chill.
I think your attitude is very dismissive of the problem. The fact remains they HAVE known about the problem as evidence that when I initially called RE the guy I talked to Shawn, told me they were aware of the problem. Evidenced by the fact a supporting vendor on the forum posted they indeed had replaced a few. Evidenced by the fact I am one of two people who have posted where this has happened twice. What more do you want? Bottom line is, if RE had stepped to the plate and taken care of me as a customer we might not have come to this. Their horrid customer service put them in this terrible position...not me. The fact that you ask others to "chill" only indicates to me you are more concerned about $$ and not the safety of your forum members. Nobody is preventing them from posting. They know how to get in touch with me and I have heard nothing. Not exactly a spectacular business decision.

Last edited by Rugbyduck; 11-29-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Dude get off it.

a couple people having an issue does not mean the lifts junk, RE has a very good reputation for being a quality lift company. they will resolve this issue.

Parts break engineering isnt always perfect.
Atleast they are admitting a problem and are working on a solution. You obviously dont know Eddie or you would not be making claims he does not care about the members.

Its a broken shock, its not going to wreck your jeep. Hell I have a shock thats been broken on my TJ for atleast a month. No problems going down the road

If you cant tell Eddie has stepped up to help out the members. You should be saying thanks for looking into this, and not being so rude.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Dude get off it.
Dude! Maybe you need to reconsider your stance! An airline crash is never a big deal until you have a family member in one. I have never said they were junk. I invite people to make their own decision. I know from a sales standpoint that when I am developing a business relationship I point out three things. People buy based on price, and quality first. The only other factor is the salesman or the company. If my price is good, I have a quality product but I am a flake...nobody will buy from me. If my price is higher than the competition, quality is the same but I am a stand up guy...people will buy from me! I have made mistakes before where a customer I figured I had lost came to me, appreciated the way I handled the situation and knew from then on they could count on me. Hell, I just recently met a friend of the owner of RE who lives in Baker City! Didn't realize the guy was from Oregon! I just wish someone, for my sake, safety's sake and the sake of smart business would have made a different decision.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
I think your attitude is very dismissive of the problem. The fact remains they HAVE known about the problem as evidence that when I initially called RE the guy I talked to Shawn, told me they were aware of the problem. Evidenced by the fact a supporting vendor on the forum posted they indeed had replaced a few. Evidenced by the fact I am one of two people who have posted where this has happened twice. What more do you want? Bottom line is, if RE had stepped to the plate and taken care of me as a customer we might not have come to this. Their horrid customer service put them in this terrible position...not me. The fact that you ask others to "chill" only indicates to me you are more concerned about $$ and not the safety of your forum members. Nobody is preventing them from posting. They know how to get in touch with me and I have heard nothing. Not exactly a spectacular business decision.
I really am sorry you feel this way about me but in all honesty, I really have just been trying to help you out but sometimes, that does require a little patience and calm.

From what I understand, you did not purchase this kit directly from RE but rather through Cental 4 Wheel Drive and from what I gathered, they are the ones who did the install for you. And, in spite of what you seemed to think, they did not know how to contact you by phone and so they have been trying to contact Central for the past hour in an attempt to get this problem resolved for you. As far as them posting here goes, their company policy is preventing them from doing so and I'm pretty sure I had stated as much earlier. In any case, if you would like me to continue helping you out, I would be more than happy to but I would appreciate it if you could please be a little more understanding... at least for the time being. If you have any questions, I would be grateful if you could please contact me by PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This subject is getting awfully heated. I believe a resolution is necessary.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
Dude! Maybe you need to reconsider your stance! An airline crash is never a big deal until you have a family member in one. I have never said they were junk. I invite people to make their own decision. I know from a sales standpoint that when I am developing a business relationship I point out three things. People buy based on price, and quality first. The only other factor is the salesman or the company. If my price is good, I have a quality product but I am a flake...nobody will buy from me. If my price is higher than the competition, quality is the same but I am a stand up guy...people will buy from me! I have made mistakes before where a customer I figured I had lost came to me, appreciated the way I handled the situation and knew from then on they could count on me. Hell, I just recently met a friend of the owner of RE who lives in Baker City! Didn't realize the guy was from Oregon! I just wish someone, for my sake, safety's sake and the sake of smart business would have made a different decision.
Again, before this gets out of control, I just wanted to say that I got your PM with your phone number, have called RE just now and gave it to them with the instructions to call you as soon as they can. They told me they would as they really want to help you out. Please, I'm asking nicely for you to give them a chance to get this fixed for you.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jkid
This subject is getting awfully heated. I believe a resolution is necessary.
It's only getting heated because of the fuel people are throwing on it. I have been in contact with RE and they have assured me that they would be contacting Rugbyduck shortly to get this resolved. Until that time, I would be grateful if everyone could please give them a chance to make things right here.

Quick Reply: RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!