Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I was told is that a new track bar would eliminate the need for the relocation bracket. Since the guy I spoke with at RE the first time (not Mike) said he was aware of the shock problem and they were working on a track bar, you would think that they might send out some notice to either their vendors or customers stating there was an issue. You might also think they would do it in a timely fashion.

Granted, I was one of the first ones to have the 3.5 with the JK tuned Bilsteins. But if they haven't fixed the problem...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now, if they do develop a rear trackbar, are they going to send one to everyone that has purchased their 3.5 Superflex kit at no cost?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bondsman
Now, if they do develop a rear trackbar, are they going to send one to everyone that has purchased their 3.5 Superflex kit at no cost?

Seriously, I'd be surprised if they did. Teraflex had a problem with the front swaybar flipping, because either they didn't include longer links or the links weren't long enough (cannot remember). At any rate, they charged for the links -- although the charge was discounted.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 AM
OCD
JK Newbie

My right rear shock has been sheared twice about 1.5" up from the bottom bolt. It has snapped 2 of the last 4 times I've been out. I'm a newbie, but it appears to me that the right bracket that comes with the kit is making contact with the right rear shaft when articulating (looks like a karate chop to the shaft). RE needs to come up with a fix for all of us.
JK Enthusiast

Tis the season....a discount would be nice though...as long as it is cheaper than the FT trackbar....
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how rude RE is. I wont buy their products now. Especially when there are so many other good brands. Sounds to me like they dont want to admit to their faults. Thats step one in running a great successful business.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to go with the Teraflex but I was hearing the stories of ripping the rear trackbar mount off.....

I just talked to our R&D dept about this. To their knowledge no TeraFlex customer has done this. But there was another manufactor that had that problem. Can you post a link were someone has posted that issue?

Last edited by wayoflife; 11-29-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

I'm not expecting that. I would encourage them to offer it at cost in order to fix the problem. Nevermind the time associated with putting it on.

Which brings me to another point...at no time has RE had to pay a dime to R&R a shock. If under warranty I know Central will gladly do it as a service to a loyal customer. But RE comes in where?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

I just talked to our R&D dept about this. To their knowledge no TeraFlex customer has done this. But there was another manufactor that had that problem. Can you post a link were someone has posted that issue?
I guess I am getting old.... It was the Skyjacker lift that was ripping off the mounting hole in the rear (but they have come up with a better bracket, I guess).

I will edit my previous post....
Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OCD
My right rear shock has been sheared twice about 1.5" up from the bottom bolt. It has snapped 2 of the last 4 times I've been out. I'm a newbie, but it appears to me that the right bracket that comes with the kit is making contact with the right rear shaft when articulating (looks like a karate chop to the shaft). RE needs to come up with a fix for all of us.
You got it! Same exact thing. What rear shocks do you have now? All match?

Quick Reply: RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!