Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!

Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not at all extreme. Crawling. I think it has something to do with the relocation bracket for the rear track bar (I think they think the same).
Old 11-29-2007, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Shocks

What is the part number off of your rear shock? Superlift SS and SSR shocks are Bilstein as well. I have a 5125 Series (can't remember the actual part # right now) if it matches maybe we can work something out. I bought my shocks from rocky mountain suspension to save money and I ended up paying in customer service and stupidity. Took 3 weeks of garbage to get all of the right part number so in the end I ended up with 2 extra shocks. So, I may have a rear shock that might work for you. Jus the part of the number stamped on the bottom of the shock. ( For example 6141 H6 .)
Old 11-29-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that this has been happening with the 3.5", but what about the 4.5" long arm lift?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, crap... My 3.5" Superflex kit is on the way.. I hope they get this figured out. I have heard of some ppl running the FT rear trackbar. I wonder if that is a viable fix.... Anybody want to chime in with the FT rear trackbar on the RE lift??
Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

I've noticed alot of ya'll back east run every brand execpt Teraflex. Alot of folks out west run their stuff. The only problem I've had was with poly bushing drying out. They replace them every time, no charge. Just a thought about another one of our sponsors....
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelt
Is it the same for the RE 2" BB with monotubes anyone?

2" RE budget boost with the monotubes here as well.

No issues yet.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
2" RE budget boost with the monotubes here as well.

No issues yet.

Are the picturers on your site of the RR 2" BB after it was done. It doesn't look that raised.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgmrock
I've noticed alot of ya'll back east run every brand execpt Teraflex. Alot of folks out west run their stuff. The only problem I've had was with poly bushing drying out. They replace them every time, no charge. Just a thought about another one of our sponsors....
Thanks for the recommendation. We had a small batch of bad bushings and have no problem with replacing them.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to go with the Teraflex but after reading so much on this forum, I confused the rear trackbar attachment point failure problem with TF instead of SkyJacker..... I looked into the FT and it was a toss up between FT and RE. I went with the RE because of their reputation.... I guess I just jumped the gun on this one. I just hope that I don't run into the broken rear shock problem.
I did hear of some ppl running the FT adjustable rear trackbar with no problems. I guess that will be the route to go if there are any problems with the right rear shock contacting the bracket...

Last edited by Bondsman; 11-29-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelt
Are the picturers on your site of the RR 2" BB after it was done. It doesn't look that raised.
Yes, they are. I did a before & after in the "Show your Silver" thread here

it is actually 1-3/4" in the rear, 2" on the front to level it out. I didnt need much lift to run 33's & i wanted to level the rake, so the kit fit my needs. I went just high enough to do that. It isnt a huge difference, but it suits my needs.

May or may not upgrade in the future...

yeah... right...

i almost said that without laughing.

Quick Reply: RUBICON EXPRESS problems!! RESOLVED!!