Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rubicon express new 3.5" lift

Old 07-17-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said, I do have this lift on my 09 Unlimited. It's a quality lift, easy installation. The only downside is the cambolts. In my opinion, RE would be better off adding $200 to the cost and adding a set of adjustable front control arms. As someone already pointed out, they don't make adjustable lowers.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that's a big thing with alot of kit's. You really need at least adj frt lowers for castor.That way you have adjustability and less chance of an arm moving on you. Hell, my superlift came with cb's , threw them away and drove it like it was until I could afford new lowers. This thread kinda went off topic because of another thread where cb's were mentioned and harped on.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also think RE builds good stuff, I ran the RE2inBB for several months, no issues and really good shocks.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply's. Ok so seems to be a consensus for decent product but ditch the cam bolts for adjustable lower front control arms. Since RE doesn't make any -- whose got a decent set that would work and sale at different price. This kit also allows for an upgrade to the superflex in the future. Thoughts on that. Trying to not break the bank and looking for mild lift to run 35s and still improve the off road flex. Also, I have a rubicon so concerned if the kit works with(against) the sway bar disconnect.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

I got the Rock Krawler bomb proof adjustable lowers. They are guaranteed against breakage.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spooky jeep
Thanks for the reply's. Ok so seems to be a consensus for decent product but ditch the cam bolts for adjustable lower front control arms. Since RE doesn't make any -- whose got a decent set that would work and sale at different price. This kit also allows for an upgrade to the superflex in the future. Thoughts on that. Trying to not break the bank and looking for mild lift to run 35s and still improve the off road flex. Also, I have a rubicon so concerned if the kit works with(against) the sway bar disconnect.
I just put the superflex kit on last week and you will certianly need to address the front swaybar links. You might be able to make do with putting the stock rears on the front but that would still probably leave you with a sway bar that is below horizontal at ride height. The RE GenII front links can be configered with pins for disconnect or as solid links for ESB

Quick Reply: rubicon express new 3.5" lift