Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Express front trackbar

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickc309
My track bar is 31 1/4 inches without the threaded eye. 33 inches over all center of bolt to center of bolt when adjusted.
I'm 33" from ctr of bolt to ctr of bolt and am perfectly centered; but I have about 3/4" exposed threads and my trackbar is 30.5" from the ctr of the axle bolt to the end of the upper threads on the trackbar. My tires are perfectly centered.

I have heard that Jeep was somewhat loosy goosy on some of the tolerances on the JK. Maybe the axle trackbar mount is in the wrong place or has the hole drilled in the wrong place.

For the OP:
You say you're waiting to hear from RE - have you called them yourself? Have you sent them pics? If you're relying on a shop to do it that may be your mistake. If your Jeep is out of tolerance there may be nothing they can do. You could request that they make you a longer trackbar by the needed amount. If they won't call other people who supply trackbars and tell them what you need as far as center to center on the bolts and see if their offering will over you.

If nothing else works take it off and take it to a quailty welding shop and have the lengthen it by whatever you need. One other thing; maybe there is a Heim with a longer threaded portion available.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

You say you're waiting to hear from RE - have you called them yourself?
x2
Call them with the measurements of the trackbar length.

I had great customer service when i called them regarding a question i had. I have the same lift and my axles are centered.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

Just a thought...the Long Arm kit has a drop bracket for the front trackbar so I would think the trackbar could be a little shorter with the LA kit than the standard? Maybe you accidentally got a trackbar for a LA kit?

Just thinking out loud...
Old 11-21-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Rubicon Express send me a new trackbar ... when i got it i let you know the result ! if the new trackbar is to short too, they have extreme duty trackbar whit the relocation bracket it's suppose to be longer ... to be continued ...

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express front trackbar