Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon express 3.5 super flex or tera flex 4.0 jk wrangler

Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at the complete TF 4" short arm kit for the 4 door rubicon or possibally the 3" one. I have a stock jk 4door rubicon and I want to go anywhere I need to. What I want to know is what makes the TF kit superior to the rubicon express 3.5"
what can you say to me to sell me on your product. TF is a few hundred more. The guys at 4wheel parts are pushing RE. There are a lot of good and difficult trails around the Fresno area And I'd like to do them all at some point. I will run 35" tires and gear. I want ability and dependability. Flex Off-road and comfort on the highway. Thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Former Member

Give me a call, I can get you anything 4WP can and give you a way better price than anyone on the Teraflex, or RE or whatever. Give me call or PM, I can even set up the install to get it installed at that same store.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read someone say they flex a lot with their RE kit but that they have not torn the boot on the front shaft and the rear shaft was ok or whatever. The truth is with any lift over a couple inches (unless it doesn't flex much due to shock length or whatever) if you have an automatic transmission your front driveshaft boot will tear. If you have a 6 speed it will be ok. If you have a 4 door your rear shaft will be ok, at least for a long time. If you have a 2door it will last a while, but eventually go.

That is true for any brand of lift. I have owned many lifts over the years, and I am very happy with my tera 3". They are a great company that only make jeep lifts, and guys that work for them like Joe on here actually have their products on their jeeps and they wheel them. Their products work well, last under abuse, and are well tested before released to the public.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the Teraflex control arms , Trackbar and springs are superior .

The control arms dont have any bushing problems to speak of. The trackbar is a forged HD trackbar with good rubber bushings not heim joints.
And the springs ride really nice.

If somebody is "pushing" something so hard your way it probably is because they make more money of it. Do your research liek you are doing and get the kit that best fits your needs and then you wont have to do it twice.

Oh and by the way . The deals are @ Northridge!!

David
Old 11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been thinking of getting one of these two kits also, BUMP on the thread

Quick Reply: Rubicon express 3.5 super flex or tera flex 4.0 jk wrangler