Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon express 3.5 super flex or tera flex 4.0 jk wrangler

Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon express 3.5 super flex or tera flex 4.0 jk wrangler

Ok I am stuck on which lift to get for my 09 rubicon unlimited. The guys at 4 wheel parts are really pushing me to get the RE. They say it's a better lift. They say parts are easy to get. They say they've installed a bunch of the RE and only 1 Teraflex. Teraflex cost more but is there much difference? They also told me I'd half to upgrade the rear driveline.
The quotes I got are 2600.00 installed Rubicon express w/shocks
3600.00 installed Teraflex w/ driveline.
So what does everyone think?
Please if you have either of these lifts tell me about it please!
Have you had problems or are you pleased.
Thanks,
~Thomas
Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Very pleased with my RE 3.5" Superflex. Quality components, no issues at all so far. Install was very straight forward. With OME long travels and 35" KM2's it is awesome offroad and rides amazingly well on the road.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi

Ok thanks for the quick replies. Your input helps. Anyone else want to add anything?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I'm suprised 4 Wheel Parts didn't try to sell you a Pro-comp lift.....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Jedi

Go with the Teraflex I know alot of guys who have issues with the bushings on RE. They all wheel of course and the bushings just dont last.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rickc309
I own a R.E. 3.5 Super Flex, it you want to hear it from the horses mouth then here it is. 18K on the lift, no issues at all. Drives like it did stock, just a little firmer. Flexes like a bitch! Stock drive lines! No ripped drive line boots no shaft problems at all. Replacing the shafts is bullshit, If so you got at least 18K and more to even think about it. Fixed lower arms but adjustable uppers. Some Jk'ers sucks up to TeraFlex so much because they are a forum sponsor it's a joke. I see all the time that TeraFlex has great customer service which is great. But it also means they have shit failing. R.E. is totally rebuild-able when parts wear. But the best part is I don't have to contact them. Buy it and wheel it is what I'm finding out. If I have to buy a bushing after several seasons of wheeling I'm not going to cry about it. I read and seen pics today that TeraFlex bump stops were cracking, oh ya they jumped in and said to PM them and they would send out more, but didn't say anything about being sorry you had to spend time under your JK when you shouldn't of had to. They looked like friggen plastic in the pics, I'm not sure what they are made of or why they are cracking. My bump stops are just the same as they were when they were installed. I got my kit for 1695.00 with mono-tubes out of Springfield Missouri. I think the mono-tubes now are 109.00 more. You can't go wrong with Rubicon Express. My 2 cents.
i have to agree

Originally Posted by JBCO
Very pleased with my RE 3.5" Superflex. Quality components, no issues at all so far. Install was very straight forward. With OME long travels and 35" KM2's it is awesome offroad and rides amazingly well on the road.
i have to agree,same lift same tires, no issues, would buy it again, adjustable uppers gave me just under 6degrees of caster, drives as good as stock, no driftting no bells and whisles, comes with stainless steel break lines, both front and rear sway bar links
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I like Rubicon Express alot. My mechanic loves Teraflex -- he's quite old school. Both will do. I would do the Rubicon Express. Their control arms are thick! You won't be messing those arms up on anything.

Hell, come to AZ and I'll do the lift for free!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MALS-JK
Do RE have any issues with sag over time?
I have been told by a mechanic who only works on Competition 4x4’s they are great springs for the JK.
How much lift did the 3.5” Give i.e. 3.5” exactly or more?
Also thinking OME LT shocks so glad I’ve found someone who’s running that combo
So how does she ride? Soft or Very Firm, Flex easy?
I cant speak to the sagging, this is my first year with the lift but I have already given it a good beating and no sag, still sits straight. My son has had the RE 3.5 on his XJ for 3 years now, no sag and no bushing issues. Just keep them greased. I netted over 4 inches of lift and I have the Rockhard rear bumper/tire carrier and Rockhard full width front with winch so lots of extra weight and still stands straight, no rake. I just put on my hard top and hard doors for winter. The ride is really amazing. With the exception of the hum of the KM2s, the ride is almost equivalent to my wife's Grand Cherokee on the highway, no kidding. Dave at Northridge recommended the OMEs and he was right on. He hooked me up with a nice package deal. Flexes great and no rubbing, noises, etc from the suspension on the trail. FWIW, I did go with new drive shafts front and rear. I am planning on keeping this rig for a very long time and didn't want any problems. See interesting article in November JP magazine regarding long term road test of 2dr 6 speed JK. They have run into many of the issues I have seen documented in this forum, "drive shaft failure following lift" included. Good luck with your decision!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bondsy
Ok I am stuck on which lift to get for my 09 rubicon unlimited. The guys at 4 wheel parts are really pushing me to get the RE. They say it's a better lift. They say parts are easy to get. They say they've installed a bunch of the RE and only 1 Teraflex. Teraflex cost more but is there much difference? They also told me I'd half to upgrade the rear driveline.
The quotes I got are 2600.00 installed Rubicon express w/shocks
3600.00 installed Teraflex w/ driveline.
So what does everyone think?
Please if you have either of these lifts tell me about it please!
Have you had problems or are you pleased.
Thanks,
~Thomas
Which kit are you looking at? Also what size of tires do you want to run.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickc309
I see all the time that TeraFlex has great customer service which is great. But it also means they have shit failing. R.E. is totally rebuild-able when parts wear. But the best part is I don't have to contact them. Buy it and wheel it is what I'm finding out. If I have to buy a bushing after several seasons of wheeling I'm not going to cry about it. I read and seen pics today that TeraFlex bump stops were cracking, oh ya they jumped in and said to PM them and they would send out more, but didn't say anything about being sorry you had to spend time under your JK when you shouldn't of had to. They looked like friggen plastic in the pics, I'm not sure what they are made of or why they are cracking.
TeraFlex rear lower bumpstops are plastic, yes. The flex joints in our adjustable arms are rebuildable, all the JK control arms from TeraFlex are adjustable. If you think that TeraFlex has great customer service because of components failing, your wrong.

Quick Reply: Rubicon express 3.5 super flex or tera flex 4.0 jk wrangler