Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rubicon express 3 1/2 suprtflex

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rubicon express 3 1/2 superflex

How hard is this lift to dial in, since it only has adjustable uper control arms? And what should i ask the installer to set the caster at ? I thank you for any feedback !

Last edited by 08leocon; 09-14-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

I had mine installed at the dealership but I can say it drives like stock as far as steering goes. It just has a firmer ride. No ESP lights or other warnings. I'd buy their product again.
thanks for the reply, do you know what your caster is set at, as i am also going with 35's

Last edited by 08leocon; 09-15-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you can, you want your caster to be set at about +6°. so long as the upper arms can be shortend enough, this shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickc309
I had mine installed at the dealership but I can say it drives like stock as far as steering goes. It just has a firmer ride. No ESP lights or other warnings. I'd buy their product again.
what rim and back spacing are you running. i would really like to keep mind steering like stock. the reason why i'm asking about the rims is because i believe the back spacing is key to get good steering, i don't care about rubbing when fully turned a parking lot speeds, does anybody realize how much rubbing happens between the tire and the road going around a corner at a good speed.(sorry for the rant)
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you can, you want your caster to be set at about +6°. so long as the upper arms can be shortend enough, this shouldn't be a problem.
thank you WOL !! I am dropping it off in a few hr's !!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
what rim and back spacing are you running. i would really like to keep mind steering like stock. the reason why i'm asking about the rims is because i believe the back spacing is key to get good steering, i don't care about rubbing when fully turned a parking lot speeds, does anybody realize how much rubbing happens between the tire and the road going around a corner at a good speed.(sorry for the rant)
not sure about rickc309, but i am going with procomp wheels with 4.75 backspacing 17x9 with 35x12.50 km2's and can let you know once i get it back fri

Quick Reply: rubicon express 3 1/2 suprtflex