Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon express 2.0 shocks with reservoirs

Old 11-18-2019, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon express 2.0 shocks with reservoirs

Anyone have any experience with these shocks? In the market for some shocks and can’t find much info.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Part of the reason I think you might have a hard time finding reviews or whatnot about those shocks is that I can't imagine anyone that knows anything putting a rubicon express shock on their rig, much less at that cost. That is about how well thought of the manufacturer is in our JK arena. I can't tell you if they are good or bad, but I can tell you I'd never have a Rubicon Express shock on my jeep considering all the other reputable options out there. I'd go so far as to say 95% of the RE shocks on jeeps out there probably came along with a lift kit purchased by an owner that is still trying to figure things out.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most Rubicon Express shocks are rebadged from another vendor. I don't know about the reservoir shocks but the monotube's are Bilstein 5100's so those I wouldn't have a problem with.

Unless I knew who the vendor was, I wouldn't use them when there are other very good choices available.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Do you have a source to support your claim that RE uses the Bilstein 5100's and just puts a different sticker on them? I know a lot of the brands are all owned by a singular brand but I hadn't come across that piece of information.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon express shocks

Well they might have one time been build by Bilstein but not anymore. A Taiwan company named profendersuspension.com makes there shocks now. I ended up going with jks tuned fox with reservoirs.

Quick Reply: Rubicon express 2.0 shocks with reservoirs