Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon coils on X model

Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon coils on X model

I know this is possible. I have the coils and want to put them on a friends 2-door X model. He has stock shocks. What other parts might he need to make this swap work?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing. although, the rubicon shocks are alittle longer also.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will the stock X shocks work without adaptors dus to the slight height increase from the coils?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuffluv
Will the stock X shocks work without adaptors dus to the slight height increase from the coils?
you asked me a little to late. just put 4dr rubi springs and shocks on my 2dr x but i didn't think to measure the difference in shocks as i assumed they were the same but looks like i'm wrong. do you only have the coils and not the shocks?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, only the coils would go on the 2-door. I believe the stock sway bar links would still work. I believe the coils will add some lift height but the articulation would still be limited by the stock shocks.

Quick Reply: Rubicon coils on X model