Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon coils + 2" Budget lift on a Wrangler X

Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to give ya my 2 cents.... I but 4dr Rubi w/ tow package coils on my 2 dr X, with 2 inch spacers. Now the coils only had 120 miles on them so I got 2 3/4 in the rear and 3 3/4 in the front. If I did it again I would leave off the stock coil isolators in the front due to torn front drive shaft boot. I even cut a U shaped groove on the trans skid plate and spaced it down, however that didn't work. I also got a front adjustable track bar, rear TB bracket, new shocks, rear brake line down plates, rear sway bar links, front discos and disconnected abs lines from brake lines.

P.S. So now once a week I put a rubber glove on and lube my shaft!
That just sounds DIRTY!! Oh well....
Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

isnt the boot issue only on automatics?

thanks for the edvise and help now i have lots to consider i just need more money thats all lol
Old 04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

o and does anyone have some info on the body lift and pics?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey, I have a the pro comp kit with the larger coils in the front and the spacers in the rear. It did not look to level to me, so I installed Rubicon Unlimited with the tow package coils in the rear and it raised the rear maybe a half inch, noticeably to me.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

My first question would be, why so much lift? With a 2" bb you can clear 35's....
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2" bb with 35s but they rub at flex i have busted a fender before and it just needs a little more lift to get the look that im going for, that is also why i have considered a 1" bl but have not goten enough reassurance as to what all needs to be done for a proper install

anyone please help i have looked high and low
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Default Re: Rubicon coils + 2" Budget lift on a Wrangler X

Originally Posted by fattony21
i have a 2" bb with 35s but they rub at flex i have busted a fender before and it just needs a little more lift to get the look that im going for, that is also why i have considered a 1" bl but have not goten enough reassurance as to what all needs to be done for a proper install

anyone please help i have looked high and low
PM. Stormrider, tell him I told you to. He's got a 1" BL, and TF budget boost. He could probably answer your ?'s. He's also got a 6 speed!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

will do thanks everyone for your input

Quick Reply: Rubicon coils + 2" Budget lift on a Wrangler X