Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon axle upgrade locker switch?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon axle upgrade locker switch?

Need info from anyone that has done this upgrade. I'm having the D44 rubicon axles installed on my JK X this Friday or early next week at my dealers custom shop. They are using the OEM wiring harness and switch panel. I had suggested using a panel like Daystars but they said they would use the OEM harness and switch and it would work like in the Rubicon. Now that the parts are here I asked about the dash lights that indicate when locked- they didn't know. I said the switches have no lights to indicate when locked. They don't know about flashing the computer. Has someone had this (flash) done on a X and can you tell me what was done and the name and city of the dealership that did it. Thanks for any help- Joe. P.S. I'm not dogging this shop, they do excellent work, this is just something new to them.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejeeper
Need info from anyone that has done this upgrade. I'm having the D44 rubicon axles installed on my JK X this Friday or early next week at my dealers custom shop. They are using the OEM wiring harness and switch panel. I had suggested using a panel like Daystars but they said they would use the OEM harness and switch and it would work like in the Rubicon. Now that the parts are here I asked about the dash lights that indicate when locked- they didn't know. I said the switches have no lights to indicate when locked. They don't know about flashing the computer. Has someone had this (flash) done on a X and can you tell me what was done and the name and city of the dealership that did it. Thanks for any help- Joe. P.S. I'm not dogging this shop, they do excellent work, this is just something new to them.

Good question, I know it's common for manufacturers to use one dash setup for all vehicles even though some functions might not be available. For example my TJ dash clearly had a light for ABS, but I didn't have the option so it obviously never illuminated. I haven't really looked at my JK dash to see if I can detect any unused lights (for lockers, etc).

Quick Reply: Rubicon axle upgrade locker switch?