Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rubi wheels/tires on an x

Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rubi wheels/tires on an x

before anyone yells at me for not searching, "x" doesn't work very well in the search field...i did put a lot of effort into findingthis one on my own but no dice.

my question: I'm looking at putting stock wheels/tires off a 2010 Rubi on my 2009 X... anyone see any problems with that? Is there anything I should do to make the transition easier?

thanks...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your speedo might be off a little depending on the tire size you are currently running, but it is a nice easy upgrade...best of luck!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

The dealer can reflash for that tire size
Old 04-05-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

awesome. yea i got my x completely stock, 16inch wheels and all... a couple months back i found 5 takeoffs from a 2007 sahara(18's) that were BARELY USEDDD/FULL TREAD for only $350..... as i was putting them on, someone driving by bought my old ones.

deffinitely one of my luckier days...

only down side to these is that they don't have the TPMS sensors sinse they're off a 2007. i've heard a DINGGGG every time i've started my car since then. $90 a pop * 5 = just stupid for a minor convenience.

so naturally i wanted to go a bit bigger and found some rubi take offs from a 2010 that only have 250 miles on them on craigslist... i hope the deal i'm working out with this guy comes through.

thanks for the quick responses guys, i love this site.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr7rizt4n

only down side to these is that they don't have the TPMS sensors sinse they're off a 2007. i've heard a DINGGGG every time i've started my car since then. $90 a pop * 5 = just stupid for a minor convenience.
If you don't want to buy the TPMS sensors,get an AEV ProCal for under $150. Then you can adjust the sensors so they either come on at a different pressure or not at all.

You'd save $300 over buying the sensors,and be able to adjust a bunch of different settings on your Jeep.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NorthRiver
If you don't want to buy the TPMS sensors,get an AEV ProCal for under $150. Then you can adjust the sensors so they either come on at a different pressure or not at all.
The Procal is a definite must have, but be careful about turning off any safety features of your vehicle. Depending on your location, it could be a ticketable offense at least up to impoundment or worse. The TPMS is a Federal requirement for any new vehicle after the 2007 model year to be used on U.S. roadways. Unless you trailer the Jeep everywhere, get the sensors. Some states with inspections can and will fail you, which can cause expensive issues then and in the future.

In LA, any failure on the yearly state inspection shows up on the VIN check (i.e. CarFax) as something like "Failed State Safety/Emissions Check." Does not give anything more specific, so that could be anything from a bad wiper or burnt out turn signal, to belching smoke. That can cause major headaches at resale time.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
sme
JK Enthusiast

The Rubi tires last forever too. I just replaced mine with 54,000 miles on them. They had another 15,000 on them at least. I sold them the same day I took them off.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdnky
The Procal is a definite must have, but be careful about turning off any safety features of your vehicle. Depending on your location, it could be a ticketable offense at least up to impoundment or worse. The TPMS is a Federal requirement for any new vehicle after the 2007 model year to be used on U.S. roadways. Unless you trailer the Jeep everywhere, get the sensors. Some states with inspections can and will fail you, which can cause expensive issues then and in the future.

In LA, any failure on the yearly state inspection shows up on the VIN check (i.e. CarFax) as something like "Failed State Safety/Emissions Check." Does not give anything more specific, so that could be anything from a bad wiper or burnt out turn signal, to belching smoke. That can cause major headaches at resale time.
Its amazing how we drove without those tire nannys for 100 years before the government decided we weren't smart enough to check the air pressure in our tires.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

i actually did look into the AEV module but figured i could deal with the DING instead of dropping the 130+shipping or whatever it is..... besides, i think the rubi tires with the sensors already in them is a much better option over getting some sensors lol

now i just need to get this deal to go through with this guy i'm getting them from. i'm giving him a fully spec'd early 2008 17inch macbook pro(spent $4k on it back in march of 2008 but i have 2 other computers and its just collecting dust) for the brand new 2010 wheels/tires plus another $650 since i don't have any cash.

thats the deal on the table, he's thinking about it, i hope he realizes what a deal he's got and just gives me the damn wheels.... lol.

Quick Reply: rubi wheels/tires on an x