Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi sway bar e-disco

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubi sway bar e-disco

Anyone run into any issues removing it? Does the sway bar light stay on? I wanna get rid of it and go with a traditional setup with manual disco's. And I bet it would bring a pretty penny towards the next mod I "need" lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jk-tony
Anyone run into any issues removing it? Does the sway bar light stay on? I wanna get rid of it and go with a traditional setup with manual disco's. And I bet it would bring a pretty penny towards the next mod I "need" lol.
I didn't get rid of mine, but I did install the manual disconnects that came with my lift. I like to be able to disconnect while in 2WD for some of the faster trails. Not sure it is worth a 'pretty penny'.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626

I didn't get rid of mine, but I did install the manual disconnects that came with my lift. I like to be able to disconnect while in 2WD for some of the faster trails. Not sure it is worth a 'pretty penny'.

Agree. I got one almost new from CL for a bit less than 150. The guy was getting rid of it because he wanted to install some major lift and accessories that were not compatible. Since I am modding my Sahara for expedition style it's fine for me. However, I want to install the manual switch so my Jeep will not be at the mercy of that weird software.

Last edited by Sahara_Maverick; 07-27-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Ive got manuals too. I do like the electronic one too but its nice to have a backup and to be able to disco in two and four-high.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well if they only sell for $150 ish I will just do the pins and leave the e-disco unit on then.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

When you remove it, you can use a AEV procal to disable the option. Or take it to a dealer and see if they can.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will the superchips tuner be able to disable the option?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you looked into the Evo manual disco switch that replaces the electrical disconnect? Only like $95 if I remember correctly
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LBJEEPER
Have you looked into the Evo manual disco switch that replaces the electrical disconnect? Only like $95 if I remember correctly

That's a good idea and I've been looking into it. However, still could not get a positive answer about how well does it work with sliders. That is, my LoD's front bumper slider seems to be on the way to reach that switch.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LBJEEPER
X2 !!! Go for the EVO manual option forthe Rubi swaybar !!! So much easier than the disconnecting links !!!

Quick Reply: Rubi sway bar e-disco