Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi suspension to X swap???

Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi suspension to X swap???

I picked up a set of springs, shocks, links and track bars off on 08 rubi and I am swapping them onto my 07 X BUT, it just popped in my head will the front track bar work? Since the Rubi has the D44 up front and I have the measly D30 is it going to mount right? I know the rest will work but I was wondering about that T barinski. Any insight?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Question

Originally Posted by Echo5hotel
I picked up a set of springs, shocks, links and track bars off on 08 rubi and I am swapping them onto my 07 X BUT, it just popped in my head will the front track bar work? Since the Rubi has the D44 up front and I have the measly D30 is it going to mount right? I know the rest will work but I was wondering about that T barinski. Any insight?
The track bars are probably identical.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a reason you're swapping t.b's, like your's is damaged?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
The track bars are probably identical.
Sweet, makes it even easier. I would have measured them once I get mine out but I just wanted some info before I even get under the hoopdie. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiftySooner
Is there a reason you're swapping t.b's, like your's is damaged?
No they aren't but The person I bought the rest from just included them in the deal. I didn't know if they would be different or not. But I would think it may be because if the springs give even an inch of height and you had a short TB it would bring the axle to the drivers side wouldn't it?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Theoretically, yes. But I believe they have so many different spring rates to accommodate different stock configurations, like 2dr, 4dr. soft top, hard top, tow package, auto, manual, rubi t-case, etc., in an effort to make every Jeep that rolls off the line have exactly the same height.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiftySooner
Theoretically, yes. But I believe they have so many different spring rates to accommodate different stock configurations, like 2dr, 4dr. soft top, hard top, tow package, auto, manual, rubi t-case, etc., in an effort to make every Jeep that rolls off the line have exactly the same height.
Ok, well with that theory I am swapping everything from a 4 dr Rubi with tow package and hard top to my 4dr X with tow package and soft top. Everything I see people are gaining an inch or so with the swap and I may be wrong but when I parked next to a newer rubicon it was a tad bit higher than mine and it was stock. It's not a big deal at all, I will measure and compare before I install and if they are the same I will tell myself "told ya so" for everyone haha, if not I will post up the difference.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Echo5hotel
i would say its safe to assume track bars are identical i've never heard anyone say they have upgraded to a rubicon track bar. also all the aftermarket stuff in terms of track bars are JK specific not X or rubicon specific.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trick50
i would say its safe to assume track bars are identical i've never heard anyone say they have upgraded to a rubicon track bar. also all the aftermarket stuff in terms of track bars are JK specific not X or rubicon specific.
Good point. I guess I just have a spare now haha.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got just over an inch when I put 4 door coils in my 2 door. So if they give you no height at least you can sell a set to a two door guy, this pic is a 4 door coil in the driver side and a 2 door in the pass side with the sway bar disconnected. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00365-20110409-1305.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	151643

Quick Reply: Rubi suspension to X swap???