Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi suspension on a Sahara...?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi suspension on a Sahara...?

I know it's probably been brought up before but, I couldn't find it in a search...

I'd like to know if my stock 08' Rubi suspension will give any 'lift' to my friends' 07' Sahara?? And, if so, how much..I'm guessing around 1/2-3/4 inch.

Thx in advance,

Tony
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
I know it's probably been brought up before but, I couldn't find it in a search...

I'd like to know if my stock 08' Rubi suspension will give any 'lift' to my friends' 07' Sahara?? And, if so, how much..I'm guessing around 1/2-3/4 inch.

Thx in advance,

Tony
It might even end up lowering it. Your friend's best bet is to just buy a lift kit.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
JK Jedi

If your friend's Sahara is a two door, then it very well could give it a minimal boost (especially if your JK is a hard top Jeep). Most say they can get about an inch with this swap. If his Sahara is an Unlimited, then the effect will likely be less, probably not worth the effort.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

We both have 4 doors and he doesn't have the tow package ( i do). One other thing, I remember parking next to him when we were both stock and we both agreed that my Rubi definitely sat higher..

BTW, I've tried to talk him into a lift but he's "just not quite ready for drastic mods"...lol. This whole thing started when I offered him my stock Rubi tires, thought they'd look great on his Sahara...I told him I'd throw in all of my stock suspension as well...He's wondering if he's going to get any lift out of it..

Thx,

Tony
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are like 21 different spring rates for the JK, so keep that in mind. Also, if yours is a soft top and his is a hard top....it might not make a difference at all. Drastic? does he know he's gonna have to do the EXACT same labor to put the Rubi stuff in as a lift kit? Good luck. I hope it works out.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the tags on the springs and if the ones on the rubi are a larger number there there differant maybe.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO not even worth it.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
IMO not even worth it.
I couldn't agree more..but, if that is what it take for him to install my old tires (which are taking up a lot of space on my apartment balcony), then I'll be more than happy to help with the install

Thx for all the input guys !!

Tony

BTW..we both have the duel tops..
Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed Rubi springs on my X and there is def a difference. With just the springs next to each other you could tell.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I installed Rubi springs on my X and there is def a difference. With just the springs next to each other you could tell.

Rubi springs from a two door or Unlimited?

Quick Reply: Rubi suspension on a Sahara...?