Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi Springs/Shocks on an Unlimited X

Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi Springs/Shocks on an Unlimited X

So I just picked up some 08 Rubi Shocks/Springs (thanks Inlo) to put on my 09 Unlimited X. I have read others doing this but I am a complete Newbie and just wanted to confirm if this is just a simple swap out? Any other modifications I will need to make (ext brake lines, wheel spacers, etc) Only suspension work I have on the X is a Teraflex leveling kit with 32" tires.

THX
Old 11-12-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check your spring numbers against the Rubi spring numbers. They might be the same if you have the tow package. Mine were. You won't need anything stock will be fine.

The ride will be stiffer on the road but off road will be 10 times better.

And lastly before any one else Sais it. Use the search function. It is very helpful once you understand how it works.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

direct swap over. the only advantage though will be if your X was a soft top and/or no tow pkg and the rubicon had a hard top and/or tow pkg. thats the case for the coils. the shocks will be a benefit regardless.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. yeah my x has the low numbers on the springs 11/12 on front and 52AA on rear. The Rubi's are 15/16 and 58 on rear.

Great they will be installed next week!

Quick Reply: Rubi Springs/Shocks on an Unlimited X