Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi shocks?

Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi shocks?

hey all I have an X and I wanted to put a small lift on it. I have 31's and didn't want the gap from the wheel and the wheel well to be too much. So I was talking to a friend and he said that if I put Rubi springs that would bring it up about an inch. So today I bought a new soft top from this guy which had a hooked up Rubi and I asked him if he still had the springs? He said yes and just gave them to me. Which ROCKS!!! but now I want to get shocks. So I'm very new to this whole lifting thing and I don't know much about what I'll need to get? So if you can help me that would be great. I guess when I order shocks online, what size or length am I looking for? Once again thanks for all your help.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

all factory shocks only come in one length.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jgarner
I got a set of Rubi shocks I will sell you. PM me if interested.
I want to buy teraflex shocks. I just don't know the length? I don't even know if Teraflex makes them that short? Thanks for the offer though
Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk2nv
I want to buy teraflex shocks. I just don't know the length? I don't even know if Teraflex makes them that short? Thanks for the offer though

If you install Rubicon springs, go with rubicon shocks. You will be much happier and spend less money, maybe even free if you find them locally with someone storing them in their garage.

The most important thing with shocks is matching them to the sping rate. Jeep spent a lot of time matching these up; you can't go wrong with rubicon shocks matched with rubicon springs.

I learned this lesson the hard way with my TJ. I finally got it right, but I had a pogo-stick for awhile.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Check the for sale section and see if someone has some near you,...

I have some in Dallas,...

Quick Reply: Rubi shocks?