Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi or Sahara

Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate all the luxuries of my Sahara. Sure I'd love to have electric swaybar discos and other off road capabilities of a Rubicon. But I don't need them.

I would have gotten 3.73 gears if i was more knowledgeable back then for my 33's.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the sahara and so far I am happy the only thing the rubi will have is the lockers and the d44 axels which isnt that important to me since I dont do hard offroading and if I do I can always upgrade later the sway bar disconnects are nice but if lift it most kits come with QD sway bars.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigred2010
Hey,
I'm looking into getting a 2012 Rubi or Sahara. I was wondering if the 4.10 is a really noticeable difference over the 3.73? I do not go offroad much but I want as much power and acceleration I can get out of the new motor so which should I get? Thanks in advance for all the input. I love my 2010 sahara but hate that motor.

I off road Atleast twice a week now. Last night I could have used the lockers. If you don't off road then there is no need for lockers
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Better to get something you don't "need" (or want) now and have it in the future when you do... rather then the other way around. Rubicon, if the price difference isn't an issue.

Crazy good low range, 4.10 gears, lockers, sway bar disco, ...
Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Sahara with the 3.73 but might have gone with a Rubicon..

Not sure how long you keep your vehicles but you may want to check the resale values for both. Even though the rubi has a higher upfront cost you may get that back when its time to get a new one.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

4.10 in the Rubicon w/ auto + 35" tires == no problem. That was enough reason to buy a Rubicon when I was ordering. I offroad, too, so lockers/e-disco-antisway/d44 were worth it. I'm just trying to figure out what lift I need/what exhaust modifications I need (TF spacers or AFE y-pipe or... something else + driveshafts) to move on to 35" tires when these are ready for replacement. Hell of a lot less expensive to just buy a programer to sort out the transmission/speedo when changing to 35s than re-gearing.

Quick Reply: Rubi or Sahara