Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubber floors for the JK

Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oops forgot to ask, do you have to unbolt anything to remove the carpet/floor?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was wondering about stuff getting underneath but i was thinking about cutting it pretty exact and maybe putting the drain plug over it and then into the body. As for the carpet, the sub woofer needs to be removed, simple bolts and a plug like on the doors all the other carpets in the back are easy. the front carpet is a bit trickier and i took it to the dealer cause of my colar bone and such.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Drain holes ok, Liner not so much

I've got drain holes cut in mine in the front and also in the rear storage area. The holes work pretty well, dirt does get underneath the plastic, but it would anyway from the edges of the liner in the front. There was always dirt underneath the mats before i put the holes in them. I'm on the coast in the summer and on a ranch in the winter, so maybe i get it a little dirtier than most.

I've had the liner since July 2007. I put it in just after i bought the jeep. (good thing because the top leaked)

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this liner, it's very light material and doesn't fit well over the rear wheel wells or in the front next to the seat mount area. For 250-300 dollars worth of rubber, i expected a lot better. If it was heaver or thicker with some real insulation on the bottom I could understand the price. As it is, i felt ripped off.

My suggestion would be to take out the carpet and put in a good set of heavy rubber mats The liner is a pain in the ass to take out and clean all the time. When you pull the front ones out, most of the dirt dumps into the metal footwell. A good mat would contain the dirt so you could just dump it out. I'll probably put in some mats over the liner since i already have it.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I removed all of my carpet and had the entire tub Line-Xd and love it! And no you don't have to unbolt anything to remove all the carpets.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

i hear what you are saying kohrfam about it not fitting so well around the wheel wells. but personally i think it serves it purpose quite nicely. Its thick enough so that it wont tear and its got the heat sheild up front. Also what i was thinking with the drain plugs is that once u cut them, you wouldnt have to take out the mats to wash em. am i wrong in this thought?
if im comming across in a bad tone i dont mean to be just sayin my oppinion.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Seth
425?!?! I bought a can of line-x paint and an application kit and did it myself for about $80. Looks textured like it was sprayed on.
How is do-it-yourself lineing holding up? I am thinking of going this route has I already have two kits from rubbermade (or something like that) that we got for farm trucks and have yet to get around to using them. How much of a pain was it to do? How did you get around the drain plugs? i.e. are you still able to use them? How is the material holing up? Sorry for all the Q & A but I have just been wondering
thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Tflow, I'd definitely cut holes for the drain plugs. Usually i just leave the plugs out so the sand, dirt, etc goes out on it's own. They aren't going to wear, i'll give you that. The heat insulation really doesn't have any effect. I've run it both ways, and there is not much difference. Also if you hose out the front, the insulation will soak up the water. I always take them out to dry the insulation.

I think i'm going to herculine it. I painted the bed of my '62 land rover 88" about 8 years ago, and it's still great. Should make it easier to hose out.

Also if you spill something really nasty, (say the bucket you were keeping the chum grinder in on the way back from the boat) you have to pull out the mats, wash them on both sides, dry them, then wash the truck bed. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if i still had the carpet in.

Just my experience, of course.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BUMP.... Updates???
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Geez, must be a helluva rainstorm.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I just put in a set of Husky liners. They are form fitted, and go right in, and have ~ 2" lip all round to prevent spilage overflow, etc. They are impervious to grease, gasoline, battery acid, etc...and are a heavy duty rubberized composition that gives a lot of cushioning and penetration protection.

They are not a sealed seam type of floor covering, but they do overlap, and will keep tracked in mess from messing up the interior. They attach to the floor, and do not slip around, plus, items on them tend to stay in place better.

They are easily lifted to expose drain plugs if need be, so hosing out is still an easy option. They do not have a fabric backing to absorb water, so shaking them off dries them in a few seconds.

All in all, I'm pleased.

Quick Reply: Rubber floors for the JK