Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubber floors for the JK

Old 01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got these and when they came out of the box they were all bent up. i was wondering if this happened with yall? i have a broken colar bone right now so its a bit difficult to bend and mold where it has to be. Im thinking about taking it to a dealer and have them do it. also the one piece that i tried to put it on, the left rear of the cargo area, did yall have any interference with the locking mechanism, or closing of the tailgate? it may just be my inablility to maneuver it where it has to be.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have these I purchased the "Tuffy Mats" but same thing, all warped out from box. Just let them lay flat (in the sun if possible) for a few hours and they should de-warp.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tlow
i just got these and when they came out of the box they were all bent up. i was wondering if this happened with yall? i have a broken colar bone right now so its a bit difficult to bend and mold where it has to be. Im thinking about taking it to a dealer and have them do it. also the one piece that i tried to put it on, the left rear of the cargo area, did yall have any interference with the locking mechanism, or closing of the tailgate? it may just be my inablility to maneuver it where it has to be.
lay the pieces out in the sun for a few hours one day. They should flatten out just fine.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had the same problems. i layed them flat for a few days before I installed them. I had to trim 1/4" off the cargo area to get the rear gate to close.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

does any one have pics!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kcpanther
does any one have pics!!!!!!
See post #15, this thread.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the lazy

Very neat, definitely considering
Old 01-29-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Im just guessing but it doesnt look like it has any holes for the drain plugs. It seems like a pain in the ass to wash out the jeep with no drain holes.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks ill have to do that then. I think its gonna rain for the next few days so ill hold off. ill post pics when i get em in.
Im just guessing but it doesnt look like it has any holes for the drain plugs. It seems like a pain in the ass to wash out the jeep with no drain holes.
i think i may cut holes where the drain plugs are for this purpose. once there in though, and molded to the form i dont think it would be that hard to take em out and wash em. ill let you know though
Old 01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

do they come in black

Quick Reply: Rubber floors for the JK