Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RTecommendation between Terra flex and AEV

Old 11-23-2016, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTecommendation between Terra flex and AEV

I just bought a 17' unlimited Rubicon hardrock with 4.10 rear axle and I am looking for recommendation on lifts. I think I am down to AEV Dual sport RS or Terra flex S3 T3 lift. I am looking to built a overland vehicle, this is my daily driver in Chicago, it will spent 80% on road and 20 % off road. I am looking for better than stock on road handling and great off road capability, I plan to run 35" tires on it. The dealers are always trying to sell what they have or what they make money on. Honest opinion would be great especially form those that may have had both. I have one local dealer tell me that everything is basically junk except Terraflex and other tell me only AEV ETC.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racezx9
I just bought a 17' unlimited Rubicon hardrock with 4.10 rear axle and I am looking for recommendation on lifts. I think I am down to AEV Dual sport RS or Terra flex S3 T3 lift. I am looking to built a overland vehicle, this is my daily driver in Chicago, it will spent 80% on road and 20 % off road. I am looking for better than stock on road handling and great off road capability, I plan to run 35" tires on it. The dealers are always trying to sell what they have or what they make money on. Honest opinion would be great especially form those that may have had both. I have one local dealer tell me that everything is basically junk except Terraflex and other tell me only AEV ETC.

Thanks.
Those are both good lifts in my opinion. I have AEV on mine & on my wife's Jeeps. I have friends with Teraflex. I would go 3" - 3.5" on the height in case you need more clearance down the road. Good customer service as well.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

I would suggest that you consider other brands and also consider adjustable control arms, just in case you ever want to change in the future. Once you have 35s, you will want 37s. Many upgrades needed to properly run 37s will benefit from having adjustable control arms. I learned the hard (expensive) way myself. Take a look at Metalcloak and Rock Krawler, just to name a few that have a great reputation.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Read this before you do anything.
And then read it again and do more research. Lifting is not always, necessarily, the best way to go.
Measure twice cut once.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

Quick Reply: RTecommendation between Terra flex and AEV