Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RR Mirrow Relocate Brackets

Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb RR Mirrow Relocate Brackets

Hint: buy two 8mm 1.25thread by 40mm long stainless bolts to secure mirror assembly to relocation bracket, the stock bolts just don't work, they strip the aluminum threads because they barely thread-in when you start to tighten.

Just installed RR's mirrow relocation brackets. Very easy to remove stock mirror assembly from stock mount. I USED A LARGE HEADED NAIL AND GRINDED THE POINT FLAT, MADE SURE IT FIT INSIDE THE ALUMINUM THREADED AREA WITHOUT CONTACTING THE THREADS, AND TWO POPS ON THE NAILHEAD, MIRROR ASSEMBLY DROPPED OUT EASILY ONTO BLANKET I BUNDLED UP ON BED. Luckily mine were the correct metric tap for the filler plates so I used the stock metric bolts to mount to door. Kit came with two metric hex headed bolts that were used to mount relocate bracket to windshield mount. HINT: Install the bottom hex head first by turning bracket upside down and tighten to the point where bracket can swing 180 degrees to align top hex head bolt. THEN tighten both bolts.

Passenger side took 40 minutes, driver side done second and took 15 minutes.

ALSO bought an attachable wide view mirror for lower passenger side mirror. perfect visibility. Doors are ready to be dis-mounted. YEA as soon as it gets above 60 degrees. boooyah!!

HINT: use black type electrical tape around post instead of spacers. If u try to use spacer post will not seat all the way, tape adjust until it is almost seated completely, then tighten bolt. This way works best to avoid stripping aluminum threads.

Last edited by Rock (me) 4 low; 01-28-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Rock (me) 4 low;1527526]Hint: buy two 8mm 1.25thread by 40mm long stainless bolts to secure mirror assembly to relocation bracket, the stock bolts just don't work, they strip the aluminum threads because they barely thread-in when you start to tighten.

Seriously buy these two bolts they will make it a lot easier and prevent stripping threads. I do have 10 years Tool & Die and engineer/design experience, so I do know what I am talking about

Quick Reply: RR Mirrow Relocate Brackets