Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

royal purple ATF

Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a fan of Amsoil Trick Shift transmission fluid. I run it in my 06 Dodge Ram, after I had a full billet transmission installed. The 48re call for atf4+ and I have not had any problems running synthetic in it. BTW my truck dyno'ed 870ft-lbs. The guy who rebuilt my transmission uses it in his sledpull truck which is pushing about 1800ft-lbs also.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thatguywv
The 48re call for atf4+ and I have not had any problems running synthetic in it.
I see what you mean, but just reiterating that stock ATF+4 is synthetic ATF.

Originally Posted by thatguywv
I am a fan of Amsoil Trick Shift transmission fluid. I run it in my 06 Dodge Ram, after I had a full billet transmission installed.
I don't know anything about Amsoil fluid to start off. But if your transmission builder recommended it then my best guess is that the servos and solenoids in your tranny definitely need something for a firmer, more solid shift with all that power infront of it (no good having sloppy shifts with almost 900 ft. lbs. Planetary gear sets don't like that (or too tight for arguments sake). Either way, the stock tranny will probably run fine on royal purple, amsoil, etc... but as far as stock tranny warranty, tolerances, and like I said earlier the bands being born soaked in that stuff its probably better to just leave it until your warranty runs out to start tinkering with other fluid types. Just my opinion

Quick Reply: royal purple ATF