Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Round one???

Old 12-12-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just looking at tires weights. I really do not get the whole unsprung weight thing...other than the heavier the worse off you are. Comparing different tires in different load ranges...the tires range somewhere around 55 to 65 pounds (ballpark) and load range D or E. Does 10 pounds really make that big of a difference. I am going from stock (38 lbs) to something like the km2 or in that area anyway. And is load range E really that much rougher/stiffer on road? Any mentionable pros / cons?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am bringing it up again because I have read a couple of threads that say that the ride COULD be suspect after an install such as this. If I go with either the RC 3.25 lift or the Tera 2.5 BB w/ shocks or Tera 2.5 springs and shocks then will I need front lower CAs? And the rear...upper or lower? What about drive shafts...front or rear?

I have read that springs could throw me in the air more around 3.5 inches, hence the drive shaft questions. I have also read that with pucks I SHOULD be safe. As far as control arms go...wow...I thought I understood...not so much now.

Any help?

Quick Reply: Round one???