Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roughcountry

Old 03-29-2014, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roughcountry

So my 3.25 lift from RC is sagging after a year. Was wonder if I could replace the springs with something else and start a frankenlift. Or should replace the entire shebang?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Could just throw a small spacer style lift on to recapture what you've lost.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

I have an RC lift and it's held up very well. Like you I am going to start changing things a little at a time. I have decided on rock krawler. I am adding control arms and when my springs go I 'll change them out. A slow methodical upgrade is my intent. So yes a piece at a time is fine. By the way I'm almost 3 years on this lift and am very satisfied.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

What should I replace first. Ideas pleaee
Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace the springs with Synergy springs. It will be the same height, but the synergy's have more coils and therefore better ride quality. Also, they do not start to sag after a short time like the RC stuff. I am speaking from first hand experience. Second thing? Shocks. Or whatever seems to need it next.

With my RC lift, first changes were the draglink flip. Then back to a stock pitman arm. Then trackbar. Then springs. Now shocks are on order.

Quick Reply: Roughcountry