Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RoughCountry 2.5" BB - New Shocks OR Extensions??

Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RoughCountry 2.5" BB - New Shocks OR Extensions??

Hey Guys & Gals

Well, I am stuck about which 2.5" BB Roughcountry kit I order.

I was thinking of just going with the shock extensions 2.5" BB...for the $139.00US from Roughcountry...but it is gonna cost me an extra $35 to ship up to Canada bringing in the bill at $174.00 plus Taxes.

Now....my issue......I can get the RC 2.5" BB with shocks kit from my friends tire shop supplier in Canada for $250.00 plus taxes. Is getting the shocks with the kit worth the extra $76.00?

Any advice or help or Pros and Con's between Extensions and shocks would be most welcome!!!

Thanks,

Triple!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same boat... I ordered the kit for 139...+ 35 bucks for shipping, when it finally got here, the bill also had an additional 50 bucks for brokerage fees and GST. I say, if you can get it from yer buddy for 250 bucks... get it from him. 225 with extensions or 250 with shocks....
Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

get the shocks, the RC BB does not come with extended bump stops and if you use your OEM shocks you will have a problem if you try and get full articulation out of it.

the RC chocks have bump stops on them and thus wont give you a problem.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah....what Racer said as well. I had extended bumps already installed from a previous 1.75" life I had previously done!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I first ordered this kit with shock extensions. After some off road testing I determined my needs required the new shock option.

If you don't ever plan on disconnecting your front sway bar then the shock extensions would be fine. If you plan on doing even mild off road adventures with your sway bar disco'd then get the shocks. You'll get a better ride and more articulation off road.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Well, the company gave me the wrong quote $350.00 for the RC with new shocks (shipped).

My question is do I need bump stops with the RC 2.5" BB with just extensions?

Or should I look at Terra flex 2.5" and order from Quadratec? Any canadians order from Quadratec any extra cost besides shipping and taxes??? Duties??

Any help on this would be great!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you put a heavy front bumper and winch on the front, you are definitely going to need the shocks. I have the RC 2.5. I installed it first with shock extensions, but the front shocks were bottoming out if I hit a big bump. I had them ship me their 2.2 shocks and it rides nice now. Their 2.2 shocks have a rubber bump stop on them. I kept my factory bump stops and havn't had a problem.

Quick Reply: RoughCountry 2.5" BB - New Shocks OR Extensions??