Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough County rear coil springs sagging?

Old 09-14-2020, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough County rear coil springs sagging?

So I've got a RC 2.5 coil spring lift with RC shocks on my 2016 2dr JK. Its been about a year and the rear springs are sagging like 2 inches! I know I bought a cheap lift but at the time that's what I could afford. Blame the crazy amount of child support... Unlike others that I've read about the Rough County lift ride hasn't been bad at all. I can't really complain about anything other that the sagging in the rear. I'm still running stock bumpers at the moment so no extra weight involved. I called Rough Country and they sent me some new rear springs asap. Their customer service was on point so no complaints. So here I am with some new RC rear springs and I'm wondering if this is going to fix it or be the same problem in a year? I'd like to hear some experience and advice on what to do here before install these. I already know I could just buy a new lift... RC has a lifetime warranty but I don't enjoy extra work or repeat problems.
Anyone out there still running these RC springs without problems? If so are you running aftermarket bumpers winches etc.?
If you've had these same issues recently please mention it and what you did to fix it!

Old 09-14-2020, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

That's nice that they sent you some new springs. Not sure you're going to get a lot with first-hand experience chime in or not. You know what you have as far as quality, and that is what it is. It's not much effort to pop those new ones in there. That is what I would do. If you were talking an entire set (front/rear), I might suggest selling em and moving to something else. Pop em in, move on, if they start to sag a little again you could just pop in a 1" spacer puck to compensate. There's nothing wrong with that.
The following users liked this post:
Reddout99 (09-16-2020)

Quick Reply: Rough County rear coil springs sagging?