Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough County rear adjustable track bar

Old 12-20-2022, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Rough County rear adjustable track bar

Hi,
just wondering what you think of the Rough County rear bar. I like the fact that it's adjustable in place. I am concerned about the potential weakness at the adjustment sleeve, plus the tube itself. It's marketed as forged, but it's a tube.
It's also half the price of the Teraflex one.
Based on a quick search Teraflex is just 1.5 lbs heavier. Dont think that translates to a significant strength difference.
Another option is the JKS one. That is not adjustable when mounted and similarly priced to the Rough County.
I can't spend the $350 for the Treaflex.
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Generally, RC stuff is just complete crap. That said, I actually have that RC rear TB and it is just fine for that specific purpose, which is near as important as all other components IMO....it just needs to be able to center the axle and it's been fine on my rig for years now and has seen some decent wheeling over the years. I recall back when I bought that price was the primary factor for me as well. I just couldn't see the benefit of spending much more for centering the axle. The shocks, control arms and DS are doing the yeoman's work back there.
The following users liked this post:
Junkyard junkie (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Just bought a "used" one on Amazon for $120 delivered.
I will say that if price is not a concern then Teraflex is the way to go.
I have a TF one in the front. It came with the lift kit and it is noticeably beefier than stock.

Quick Reply: Rough County rear adjustable track bar