Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough County Front Track Bar Bracket

Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rough County Front Track Bar Bracket

Hello all,

I'm running a rough country 3.25" lift kit with 35's. I just noticed that RC has come out with a front track bar bracket. It says it's for 3.5-4 inches of lift. Anyone know if this would be suitable for my lift?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I am by far no guru in this area, but just to give you my 2 cents worth, I would stay away from the bracket and just spend the money on an Adjustable track bar. I am by far no mean knocking RC at all cause I have had nothing but great luck with them and they have taking extremely good care of me. But from what I have read it puts stress on the weld of the factory bracket sometimes causing the weld to break. This is not just RC's bracket it has been other brackets as well. Like I said I am no guru, this is just what I have read on the forum.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate the feedback. I've heard the same thing, just doing some budgeting on some much needed upgraded. Still need to recalibrate the speedo and put a matching spare/new tire carrier on. Today I finally noticed the 1/4" or so poking out on the passenger side. Saw they made one, and like you, I am a huge RC fan.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually got my Adj. Track bar from RC, I haven't actually seen my jeep yet after it has been lifted and the track bar and dual steering stabilizer has been put on. It was all a gift for my from my wife. I am still stuck in Afghanistan, but I am under a month left till I come home.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrylb73
I actually got my Adj. Track bar from RC, I haven't actually seen my jeep yet after it has been lifted and the track bar and dual steering stabilizer has been put on. It was all a gift for my from my wife. I am still stuck in Afghanistan, but I am under a month left till I come home.
I believe I'm gonna go the same route. RC trackbar and dual stabilizers. Thanks for your input, and thanks for your service brother! Stay safe and hope your home soon!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Don't install the bracket unless you have a drop pitman arm. It will just make things worse.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your going to get any type of drop bracket to go with a drop pitman, get the Full-Traction one, it's more beefy. You could also go with a TeraFlex flipkit that has a drop bracket and flips your draglink to the top and retains your stock pitman.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If your going to get any type of drop bracket to go with a drop pitman, get the Full-Traction one, it's more beefy. You could also go with a TeraFlex flipkit that has a drop bracket and flips your draglink to the top and retains your stock pitman.
I ran that bracket for about 2 years. I just swapped to the currie rockjock bracket that is weld on. You need to keep an eye on the bolt that prevents side to side motion. It has a tendency to loosen up. I never had the bracket fail, but it does require periodic checks.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jusaplaya
I ran that bracket for about 2 years. I just swapped to the currie rockjock bracket that is weld on. You need to keep an eye on the bolt that prevents side to side motion. It has a tendency to loosen up. I never had the bracket fail, but it does require periodic checks.
Hey man, I just noticed in your sig you have a Superlift Adj trackbar. I sold my superlift and about 6months later the Trackbar came apart on the guy. You may wanna keep a check on yours.Just a heads up. Not sure exactly what happended, either the threads stripped or the joint fell apart.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hey man, I just noticed in your sig you have a Superlift Adj trackbar. I sold my superlift and about 6months later the Trackbar came apart on the guy. You may wanna keep a check on yours.Just a heads up. Not sure exactly what happended, either the threads stripped or the joint fell apart.
I have actually been worried about that thing for a while now. The trackbar has no jam nut on the axle side. The threads are starting to get pretty rusted. Almost like it has been in salt water or something. LOL I'll probably end up changing mine also.

Quick Reply: Rough County Front Track Bar Bracket