Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country or Tera Flex Shocks

Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country or Tera Flex Shocks

Would you run the 2.2 series shocks that come with the Rough Country lift or go with Teraflex 9550's? Which one would give the best ride on and off the road?

Whichever ones I don't use I will sell, so this opinion needs to be based on actual experience, not just how you feel about the two different companies. Just looking for some outside insight.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

So far I'am fine with the 2.2 series shocks that came with my Rough Country lift. For me it ride's great. Don't know much about the TF shocks.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra69
Would you run the 2.2 series shocks that come with the Rough Country lift or go with Teraflex 9550's? Which one would give the best ride on and off the road?

Whichever ones I don't use I will sell, so this opinion needs to be based on actual experience, not just how you feel about the two different companies. Just looking for some outside insight.

Thanks!
I had the 2.2 that came with my RC lift. I switched to Fox and will never go back. It was like night and day. Fox is definitely a better ride. Don't have any experience with teraflex.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shadow's_Jeep
So far I'am fine with the 2.2 series shocks that came with my Rough Country lift. For me it ride's great. Don't know much about the TF shocks.

Thanks. I'm debating just to put them on and see how it rides, but I have heard stories.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danny4652
I had the 2.2 that came with my RC lift. I switched to Fox and will never go back. It was like night and day. Fox is definitely a better ride. Don't have any experience with teraflex.

If I could afford Fox or King, I probably wouldn't be having this thread!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra69

If I could afford Fox or King, I probably wouldn't be having this thread!
Have you checked out the fox factory replacements? That's what I have and love them.

Quick Reply: Rough Country or Tera Flex Shocks