Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country lifts

Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man you guys are hardcore! We feel all of our JK kits ride great and that is probably because we all wheel TJ, XJ, and YJs that beat us to death...lol! Any who all of our JK kits are short arm right now and will flex very well with the sway bars disconected, but if you compare our kit to a long arm well... we all know the answers to that, but is that a fairl comparison? The main reason we first design a short arm kit is to provide you the user with a suspension lift that is road friendly and off road capable. FYI as you read this we are working on adjustable arms and a long arm kit for the JK. It's astounding to us how many people are wanting long arm kits for such a new vehicle. As for the OP the question you need to answer for anyone to better help you is. What do you plan on doing with the Jeep? If you answer that question honestly I and all these other guys will be able to help you more.

p.s. All of our kits will flex better than stock regardless of what anyone tells you. Anyone that has been in this business for more than 5 min should know that. With longer shocks (which are your main limiting factor) and sway bars disconected the longer spring will allow for more flex...not long arm flex, but much more than stock.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
Yeah I'm looking at this same lift. My only concern is whether the fixed control arms will make a big difference. This kit Canadian is $1149 but comes with track bar brackets.

Northridge4x4 in Canada has an OME kit for the same price that comes with coils, shocks, front and rear adjustable track bars but no control arms. I have to buy the control arms and sway bar links separate. I can get Currie adjustable front upper lower control arms for an additional $560 and do the rear ones later. And the rear sway bar links will cost $75 and the guy suggested moving my stock rear ones to the front. This kit with additional rear sway bar links and front upper/ lower control arms will cost me about $1800.

Whereas the Rough Country (link above) is $1149 and should I buy adjustable track bars I would add another $600.

I really wanna keep my pricing to a minimal but I want to install a decent set up the first time without spending $4000

So what are peoples thoughts? Adjustable vs. non adjustable control arms? and new adjustable track bars vs. drop brackets?

Sorry if I hi jacked the tread. I was really trying to keep on topic I just have these questions about Rough Country lift mentioned.

Where did you find it in canada?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever lift you get , get a Rough Country Dual Stabilizer, they 're bitchin!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Superlift ORV Park in Arkansas 042.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	29546
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Where did you find it in canada?

Not sure if you mean the Rough Country lift or the OME. So the Rough Country all I did was phone them direct (# is on their website) and the OME I gave them a call from their website Northridge4x4.ca

As it stands now I have decided to go adjustable. I haven't stopped reading threads and although I wanna keep it cheep, it aint happening. I've decided to keep saving my pennies (lots of overtime) and just buy a decent 3 to 3.5 lift with adjustable arms and bars. It just seems from what I've read that by not going adjustable that your always sacrificing something. And considering that this will be going on my new Rubi I wanna have it done and done right the first time without needing to come back later and do more upgrades.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Whatever lift you get , get a Rough Country Dual Stabilizer, they 're bitchin!

Attachment 29546
X2
and this is the 2.5 spring kit
I have added the 1.25 BL because I got a little rubbing with the 35s at full stuff
trying the new set up out this weekend
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01453.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	29560
Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
Not sure if you mean the Rough Country lift or the OME. So the Rough Country all I did was phone them direct (# is on their website) and the OME I gave them a call from their website Northridge4x4.ca

As it stands now I have decided to go adjustable. I haven't stopped reading threads and although I wanna keep it cheep, it aint happening. I've decided to keep saving my pennies (lots of overtime) and just buy a decent 3 to 3.5 lift with adjustable arms and bars. It just seems from what I've read that by not going adjustable that your always sacrificing something. And considering that this will be going on my new Rubi I wanna have it done and done right the first time without needing to come back later and do more upgrades.
Gotcha

As much as I hate to admit it mine will be mostly a pavement pounder. Basically I want a decent lift so it looks good with 33's and maybe 35's if I can afford gearing one day. I only use the jeep to drive to work and to play in mud and water every so often.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

I bought my RC 6" last year and I have had noting but problems. They sent the wrong sleeves for the bushing at first it took almost 8 weeks to get the kit (combination of RC and the Retailer). After 2 months the most of the bushings feel apart and there customer service sucked! I have run their lifts in the past and loved them, but this time I got a lemon and pour customer service. I am going to replaced the controls arms with Curries and I am getting ready to order JKS Sway bars and the only thing left will be the springs from RC and they are not that great with the Progressive in the Rear but I hear they are trying to fix that.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

I have the RC 3.25" lift (2.5" coils & 3/4" spacers) with the 2.2 shocks riding on 35" BFG AT's on my 2010 2-Door Sport. Gotta say after 1500 miles, it rides RoUgH! I can feel every little bump in the road.

Besides that the kit was complete for what I needed out of my lift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02-03-10a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	36618  

Quick Reply: Rough Country lifts