Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country lifts

Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Sway bar links. Most, if not all the kits without quick disconnects use the same setup.
This was the first one I did, did it in my garage with no help, so it isn't that hard.
Do you know, specifically, which part this is? I'd hate to order all the parts then miss something basic that holds up the entire install.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Generally, people who have purchased a product will recommend it because they have it. That's a strong bias, and really should not be used when making a decision involving this large of a purchase. Call David Johnson at Northridge 4x4. He will tell you what's good, what's not and why.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

The one good thing I've heard about the Rough Country over the Terraflex is that the RC is exactly what it says, a 2.5" lift whereas the Terraflex gives you more lift than they claim. This is a pro for some people as they're getting more lift for thier buck. But for people who have height restrictions such as myself (due to my garage) the RC lift is a better choice.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
The one good thing I've heard about the Rough Country over the Terraflex is that the RC is exactly what it says, a 2.5" lift whereas the Terraflex gives you more lift than they claim. This is a pro for some people as they're getting more lift for thier buck. But for people who have height restrictions such as myself (due to my garage) the RC lift is a better choice.
Actually the TeraFlex 2.5" BB kits will lift a JK 2.5", since both spacers are 2.5". It's the 2.5" coil kits that are higher, 3.1" front and 2.1" rear on a 4 dr.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Actually the TeraFlex 2.5" BB kits will lift a JK 2.5", since both spacers are 2.5". It's the 2.5" coil kits that are higher, 3.1" front and 2.1" rear on a 4 dr.

Thank you for the clarification!

Terraflex was on my short list of lift vendors to consider but after talking to others I realized I'd have a clearnace issue with my garage on your coil lifts and I'm wanting to stick to a coil lift so I'll have to go w/ Rough Country. If I move and go to a 4" lift I'll def be getting the Terraflex however.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a spacer is a spacer... if it is not the height claimed by the manufacturer something is wrong. If youi spacer the factory springs, you will get the same amount of flex as before. It may be 2-2.5" or whatever lower than before, but the spring will still compress the same amount. When I said I had heard some less than great things about the rough country lifts I was talking about their coil lifts. To be more specific, I was told this by 2 guys that owned the 6" RC coil lift who were interested in buying that FT long arm I sold because they said they were dissapointed by the performance and ride of the RC. I have never used their stuff, so I cannot say from first hand experience.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Since Northridge sells several different brands, they will have less bias than someone who bought ONE brand lift. If David had a real bias, he would automatically try to sell the most expensive lift. He didn't do that with me, so I trust him.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

did not do that to me either. He is a great guy and very helpful. I never felt like he was trying to talk me into something or upselling me. There are a bunch of companies out there making good stuff right now, but I still believe you get what you pay for. You buy the cheapest suspension parts, you should not expect the best results. Just my $.02
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I figured I would just ask instead of spending a whole night searching...

looking at this kit:
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_4x.html

What "Recommended Accessories" and"Upgrades" should I get?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
You heard wrong. However, thanks for interjecting.
Originally Posted by awdspider
maybe you shouldnt comment then, i think you will find that most people that have RC stuff are very pleased with their products, myself included. they make great stuff at a very fair price. customer service is great as well.

-shaun h
As best that I can tell neither of you two own the RC 6" either? What are you basing your opinion on? Do you know someone that owns a RC 6", or are you just saying that since you like your 4" kit that the 6" is good? Dr.Ninja I was told that info by 2 guys that actually own the kit, so maybe I heard them wrong? or maybe they were wrong about the kit they own? Maybe they were just bored and making conversation and looking to spend money? Awd, since you don't own the kit either, maybe you shouldn't comment then?

I do see a lot of guys happy with RC "stuff", but the guy asked about the RC 6"... and I have heard two guys very disappointed in it and trying to get rid of it after only having it a month or two. I think that it is good to give people both the good and bad reviews so they can make a more educated decision when purchasing a product. I agree that they seem to have good customer service and their product is very inexpensive compared to most others. I was not trying to bash their product or the lift under your jeep, I just wanted to relay what I had heard about a particular product that I thought was strange.

I envy you guys. I wish I could just decide I want a taller jeep.... buy the cheapest lift out there, and love my decision.

Quick Reply: Rough Country lifts