Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country lifts

Old 03-29-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepFish
just installed the 4" lift with 35s. very satisfied, it is a little rough, but that's to be expected
I have the 4" also on my 2 dr. It was a little stiff to start but now rides nice. I can't comment on the 6" but my 4" lift is nice but then again I added Currie adj arms.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I have heard they don't flex well, ride poorly, and the kit is incomplete. I have no personal experience with it though.
You heard wrong. However, thanks for interjecting.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the 2.5" progressive rate coil lift with 2.2 shocks and 1.25" body lift. I really like this combo, you will find the product quality is excellent as well as their customer service. As a JK-Forum member you qualify for a discount. Call Ben @ RC if you have any questions.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also looking into Rough Country lifts. That 2.5" seems to be just what I need as I'm not looking to go wicked tall.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have heard they don't flex well, ride poorly, and the kit is incomplete. I have no personal experience with it though.
maybe you shouldnt comment then, i think you will find that most people that have RC stuff are very pleased with their products, myself included. they make great stuff at a very fair price. customer service is great as well.

-shaun h
Old 03-29-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awdspider
maybe you shouldnt comment then, i think you will find that most people that have RC stuff are very pleased with their products, myself included. they make great stuff at a very fair price. customer service is great as well.

-shaun h
original question was for pros and CONS.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would be more helpful to link to a post that discusses actual experience I guess.

Originally Posted by geebee
original question was for pros and CONS.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What would you say the install difficulty was? I heard something about having to relocate the sway bar from the back to the front and getting a new rear swaybar.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
What would you say the install difficulty was? I heard something about having to relocate the sway bar from the back to the front and getting a new rear swaybar.
Sway bar links. Most, if not all the kits without quick disconnects use the same setup.
This was the first one I did, did it in my garage with no help, so it isn't that hard.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has the plane coil spacers lift and it flexes pretty good. and it rides just like stock.
Heres a video with a flex @ 0:40
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2942131/8415412

Quick Reply: Rough Country lifts