Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lifts

Old 08-24-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a RE 3.5" lift and love it. I'm really impressed with their bilstein shocks that you can add to the kit. If and when the RE coils start to sag I'm gonna replace them with MC coils. On another note, I had a 4" RC lift on my 04 TJ and it rode like crap with the RC shocks. I also had a 6" RC lift on my XJ and it rode rough and was very loud and poppy. They don't call it Rough Country for no reason and you always get what you pay for.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

I think I'm sold on the AEV 2.5" lift. Thinking my husband and I will just do it ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-24-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check teraflex as well. I have the 2.5 and think it is a good lift. easy to install and includes everything you need.......check out teraflex on youtube, lots of great info
Old 08-24-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

I ran a 2.5 RC lift for a while. It met my needs on the trails here in Florida. The shocks died and the coils started to sag a bit and I upgraded to the RockKrawler X factor. RK has many lifts for under a grand. You'll need shocks as well. I would say the bilstein 5100, OME's, Rancho 9000 or the Fox 2.0s are all close to the same price and you'll find opinions good and bad on all of them. I love my Fox 2.0's.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

i am voting teraflex as their customer service is second to none. I am running their performance leveling kit and love it, My jeep handles great, I added monroe reflex monotubes and my jeep is better riding and handling than a stock JK.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Rough Country lifts are fine contrary to what you here in this forum. Everything here is RK, offroad evo, or synergy, which is fine if you are rolling in the greeen stuff. Those of us who Jeep on a budget, have to make do with what we can afford. The only ill thing about RC I would say is that I am not a fan of their shocks. I had their 3.5" kit on my previous JKU and I loved it. I would have went the same route except i went with Rubi Xpress because of their Bilstein shocks but used RC's control arms with them and it works great. My recommendation is get the best you can afford, but don't break the bank because what you can afford, isn't the hot new kit everyone is buying.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rough country has very fast tech support. A lot of company's you have to call to get tech support then they make sure you feel good and stupid before you get off the phone. Rough country even though they do not have the best product replies to emails within hours, sometimes minutes, also they have online chat and phone support. If you have problems with anything they send you a new one. Some company's deal with sagging springs by sending you 3/4" spacers which would piss me off.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lifts