Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lifts

Old 08-23-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Lifts

Looking to get a 2.5" lift for my '14 JKU...what's the best kit under $1000? I was looking at the Rough Country and can't seem to find enough helpful reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...-a&channel=nts
Old 08-23-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Most everyone here is gonna tell you that RC is garbage. I have their 3.5" series ii lift and I'm completely satisfied with it. I've had it on for 2 years now and it rides good and has performed well off road. Only things I have added to it are Rancho geometry correction brackets in the front and I added a Fox steering stabilizer. Other than that, the kit came with everything I needed and I haven't wanted for anything else since putting it on.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

RC lifts do hold up well enough until about the 3 year mark. Then they do start to fail especially if you wheel often. They make good enough entry lifts but I'd recommend putting a little extra money into a better, longer lasting kit. Speaking from experience...I'd go with the OME HD kit which will get you around 3" or Rock Krawler anything.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
RC lifts do hold up well enough until about the 3 year mark. Then they do start to fail especially if you wheel often. They make good enough entry lifts but I'd recommend putting a little extra money into a better, longer lasting kit. Speaking from experience...I'd go with the OME HD kit which will get you around 3" or Rock Krawler anything.
I only need a max of 2.5" lift. Which is better, a kit with shocks or a kit without?

Old 08-23-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HNTRJMPR2006
I only need a max of 2.5" lift. Which is better, a kit with shocks or a kit without?

A kit with shocks would be better. With longer shocks, you can achieve more flex(depending on the shock). Also, the stock shocks are garbage anyway. Rough Country isn't the best, but I liked my old RC shocks better than I did my stock ones. Of course, I like my Bilstein 5160's far more than the RC's, but that is the difference between a 50 dollar shock, and a 200 dollar shock, lol.

Also, and this is just from my own experience, but RC lifts start to sag pretty fast. With extra weight and a year of hard wheeling, I was only getting 3 inches in the front, and 2.5 rear, from my 4inch kit. So my recommendation would be to go with their 4 inch kit and just let it settle, and adjust the leveling from their. I think this would make the most sense as you are in a JKU anyway, and would benefit tremendously from the increase to your breakover angle.

Last edited by KCCO JK; 08-23-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking of going with an AEV lift

Old 08-24-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the AEV 2.5" kit and couldn't be happier just installed my 35" Nitto trail grapplers and they got perfect and look awesome
Old 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afalletta
I've got the AEV 2.5" kit and couldn't be happier just installed my 35" Nitto trail grapplers and they got perfect and look awesome
Did you do it yourself? How hard was it and how long did it take?

Old 08-24-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HNTRJMPR2006
Did you do it yourself? How hard was it and how long did it take? Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Yea I did it by myself and had it on a lift and it took like 4 hours, if you get stuck at all the instructions are very detailed. Make sure you have a good tourque wrench because all the different components have different tourque specs.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lifts